Spankadog

Mercenary role.

Spankadog    3

There are currently 4 roles. Engineer, Combat lifesaver, Assaultdiver ,Sniper.

all with special traits and starting items.

I would like to have a Mercenary role where any team Blufor Opfor Inde. can pay you to kill or complete certain objectives, for examples.

Someone were to hire a mercenary for 70K to buy a Wipeout and complete the heavy Moneyshipment and other objectives while also giving 10% cuts on them. 

Someone were to hire a mercenary to take out a certain tank or jet. they would pay about 12k for the AA or AT. or even pay them for the jet or heli they would use to take them out

Someone were to hire a Mercenary to kill a specific player. they would pay 30k and tell the last known position of the player.

This is just a small idea, my friend and i like to fly jets n shit but we have no one to fly them for but ourselves. which does get boring if we do an objective because we can't secure the money/object.

• Like 1

• Fusionable    355

I don't play Wasteland as much so my word isn't too much of an impact, i haven't played and grasped a full experience of wasteland yet, but otherwise i reckon this is a mad idea. Maybe a bit over powered, possibly there could be a chance system or rate behind the Mercenary, where you pay the "NPC" or Mercenary a certain amount of money (eg. 30k) and there is a 50-50 or 75% chance that he is successful with eliminating his target. And to expand from there we could set out different layers and different types of Mercenaries. Eg. Heli Gunners, Heavy Artillery, Air Strikes, Infantry, Armoured/Armed Vehicles, etc. It would add a more diverse range and the more powerful the Mercenary the pricier and either less or more possibility of successful target elimination. :seemsgood:

Invictiis    214

This sounds more like an altis life feature than Wasteland. Implementation of a mercenary faction would cause imbalance and doesn't fit the Wasteland theme of team deathmatch.The mercernary idea is creative but ultimately unsuitable in my opinion. An alternative could be a bounty system seen on other servers, where you're able to place a hit on an enemy through atm UI.

If you wish to rain terror from the skies while also getting a %cut of the mission/kills. Join a team, invite other to a group and organise yourselves into a voip server preferably the Strayagaming Teamspeak server. See you on Wasteland.

• Clap 1