Yeet

Tweaking Weird/Dumb Vehicle Loadouts

Yeet    193

So, I was playing I&A, flying like a maniac as usual. Then we got a MI-28 Kajman as a side mission reward, obviously a very very overpowered vehicle with the standard loadout. But as I got closer I realised that this was no 'standard' Kajman, it had 3x, count em, 3x 20mm HE Gun Pods, and a LQM 500 pounder.. Now, I know we don't want CAS to be overpowered, but c'mon, I haven't seen a side mission Kajman since before the APEX framework was added into Altis I&A. And to have a loadout that weird/terrible on a Kajman really means its useless, I'm fine with having an armed hellcat with 2x HE Gun pods and some miniguns (Although still unusual) I don't feel quite the same way about the Kajman. And this is a topic I've previously talked about in the forums:

I think alot of the vehicle's need to have specific loadouts (Or if thats already the case then.. well maybe change them a little?) that actually makes them somewhat useful because after flying that thing within about 4km of the AO me and my gunner realised that we weren't going to be able to do shit, atleast not in combination: Either, I'd have to use it like a Pawnee and be strafing mother****ers, or: I'd have to give my gunner a stationary platform (Like you usually would) so he could use his 'not very overwhelming' 30mm cannon and nothing else..

Screenshots (Sorry for the grainy images, apparently it didn't want them to save in high def):20180420203017_1.thumb.jpg.782e0f8d66d910466f4e52f27ea1b935.jpg:

20180420203014_1.thumb.jpg.5b8e8be3335874c7606bfe7a6a1f21d0.jpg20180420203017_1.thumb.jpg.782e0f8d66d910466f4e52f27ea1b935.jpg

• Like 3
  • wooow 1
  • thinking3d 1

• Matsozetex    89

Why'd you thing they removed the ATGMs? They can lock onto enemy vehicles at 4-5km out of AO, oneshot most vehicles in the game and the Kajman itself can stay in a safe area and if played effectively can wipe AO's. I can agree that the gunpod is stupid, I would rather have Skyfire pods. However, like the CAS jets with AGM removal, the use of lock on long range anti-vehicle is skill less, safe and contributes to CAS power creep.

Even then, the 30mm is very effective against IFVs, Infantry and light vehicles within 2km and if given Skyfires or Mk82's it would be a beast at AOE damage. 

• Like 1