Jacko

Arma 3 profile reset

Jacko    0

Hey guys,

So I jumped onto arma 3 tonight for some I&A when I found myself being bombared with pop-ups related to playing arma 3 for the first time, prompting me to do the bootcamp missions even though they were already completed. So I checked my profile and found everything had been set to default :(

Even worse, when I jumped on I&A I found that all my loadouts were gone!

Anyone know a fix for this??

Cheers.

• Nova    1779

did you make a new profile within the game? did you install arma on a new computer? if so you might not have moved your profile. i also once lost my whole arsenal for no reason. and i have no idea why

Nova    1779
    3 minutes ago, Jacko said:

Nah I didn't do anything different. Just loaded it up and BAM. Reset.

oh alright. thats happened to me before but only once. maybe your anti virus deleted it not sure.

Delta 2-5    54

*put it hat on* if your realy worried you should back up your profile and games. on a seperate hdd or disk. just to be safe. if you are realy that worried about it,.

• Like 1

Mark    14

it happens when your PC makes your profile read-only meaning Arma 3 can't actually read and write it, so it classifies it as corrupt and makes a new one. Prompting bootcamp etc. 

Its a pain because you have to remap all your keys too.. (if you have custom ones) 

This is one of those kind of things thats just like. Well shit happens. 

Delta 2-5    54

you can copy your setting files over ny running a force overide. threw cmd on the file and copy the keympas file and put it into you new profile same with your arma loadouts.

On 1/11/2016 at 8:26 PM, Jacko said:

Hey guys,

So I jumped onto arma 3 tonight for some I&A when I found myself being bombared with pop-ups related to playing arma 3 for the first time, prompting me to do the bootcamp missions even though they were already completed. So I checked my profile and found everything had been set to default :(

Even worse, when I jumped on I&A I found that all my loadouts were gone!

Anyone know a fix for this??

Cheers.

On 1/11/2016 at 9:09 PM, InfamousNova said:

did you make a new profile within the game? did you install arma on a new computer? if so you might not have moved your profile. i also once lost my whole arsenal for no reason. and i have no idea why

On 1/11/2016 at 9:48 PM, Delta 2-5 said:

arma has done it to me twice it comes under the getting armaed tab

On 1/12/2016 at 0:29 PM, Mark said:

it happens when your PC makes your profile read-only meaning Arma 3 can't actually read and write it, so it classifies it as corrupt and makes a new one. Prompting bootcamp etc. 

Its a pain because you have to remap all your keys too.. (if you have custom ones) 

This is one of those kind of things thats just like. Well shit happens. 

https://forums.arma.su/forum/administration-forum/report-a-problem/koth-profile-issues/6223-profile-issues-guidelines

This is the solution of preventing it from ever happening again -  courtesy of my good friends SA-Matra and BobbyDigital