Sign in to follow this  
Myron

no BS comms card

Myron    12

Guys I've attached for your knowledge a no bullshit comms card. It has been UNLCASSIFIED and all actual codes and words have been changed to 'other' random code words and frequencies.

1169640934_StrayaGamingCommsCard.thumb.jpg.7d91f9e29fcf2fe1e8e8878790790c7a.jpg

At the top we have BADMAN. BADMAN is the codeword for SCRUBWOMAN. This is a word which changes daily and is used for marking in plain text on a radio positions on a map by numbers. This is why every letter is different and has a number below it. Example as follows:

1A this is 2A, grid by BADMAN over

2A this is 2A, send it,

2A, Golf Romeo (Grid Reference) Bravo, Whiskey, Mike, Alpha, Charlie, Sierra, over

1A, Golf Romeo (Grid Reference) Bravo, Whiskey, Mike, Alpha, Charlie, Sierra, over

2A, Correct, out.

Now that number was just a random number I picked out but you can see on the comms card below that: BWMACS is grid reference: 457810

Below we have resupply chattermarks (codewords)

This conversation would word as follows:

1A this is 2A, message over.

2A this is 1A, send it.

2A, requesting WHIP and BIGSTORM at grid by BADMAN, prepare to copy over.

1A, send it.

2A, Golf Romeo: Bravo, Whiskey, Mike, Alpha, Charlie, Sierra, over

1A, I read back WHIP, BIGSTORM at Bravo, Whiskey, Mike, Alpha, Charlie, Sierra, over

2A, Correct, out.

Now here they have added a resupply of CES (weapons and ammo I think but can't remember exactly) and POL Petroleum Oil and Lubricants) to the grid they gave before.

At the bottom of the left side of the comms card should be self explanatory.

Armour: codeword IRONTIDE, primary frequency codeword: CREED...actual frequency: 7.225

0A this is Tango12, message over.

Tango12 this is 0A, send it.

Tango12, requesting change from CREED to and WALKER due to VIGNETTE DOLMAN, over

0A, acknowledged all, WHISKY WHISKY radiocheck, over

(whiskey whiskey = all callsigns) (from here all callsigns radiocheck back with 0A in numerical order with ten second gaps between radiochecks - I'm not writing this down, but lets just say that this has just occured)

0A all stations change from CREED to WALKER in 1 mike over,

(all other stations acknowledge)

(a final radio check is completed and any technical issues ironed out)

Here you can see that VIGNETTE means keymat and DOLMAN means compromised so 0A (command station) got all other stations (whiskey whiskey) to change from freq: CREED to freq: WALKER. This was prompted by Tango12 (Tango=tank callsign) sending in the report that they were compromised.

On the top right of the card we have daily brevity words that would change on the times shown in Zulu time, GMT. Everything runs in Zulu, not Lima as you may think.

0A this is Warhorse.

0A, send over.

Warhorse, is ARCTIC at this time and BLAZER for ICE eta 10 mikes over.

0A, acknowledged; Warhorse ARCTIC BLAZER requires ICE eta home plate 10 mikes.

Warhorse, correct, out.

Here, callsign warhorse (an Australian Blackhawk) is off station (ARCTIC) and RTB (returning to base - also called home plate) (BLAZER) for a refuel (POL) (ICE). 0A acknowledged their comms, read back the message, Warhorse said 'correct' and gave an 'out'. Now why did Warhorse give the 'out' to 0A even though 0A was HQ? Because Warhorse INITIATED the communication. Any station (jet, helo, armour, infantry) that initiates comms also closes down comms.

Below this we have codewords for FOBs. This does not need an explanation. Notice there are many codes which have the same meaning? Why do you think this is?

At the bottom of the right hand side are common frequencies used within the battlespace that all units need to now and their corresponding codewords.

• Like 1
  • thinking3d 1

• Nugs    17

Thanks dude!

I reckon it will be me and yours truly that actually has some fun with this. Listening to the comms chatter will be hilarious.

Ned Kelly?

Myron    12

OMG lol are players still shouting NED KELLY!? That was my fault. Legit though, every time a kid blew his load in the platoon harbour they'd shout Ned Kelly. No idea why! 

How do I add you on Steam? Me no worky technology! There's an initiative I want you to join in on.