ArthurPendragon

Defend only mission

Ive been thinking and discussed this with other people.

We have our defend mission after we attack sometimes, which tend to turn into a bloodbath as no one is prepared.

so why not bring in a defend only mission, we get alerted 10-15mins before the attack, we move to that town, set up defenses around an already place hq, this can have at static launchers etc. and we have to defend the hq for 20 odd mins.

I think this would be a great idea as if CSAT slots get put in place, they could help attack the hq. it also allows those who like the defend a better chance to play the defend 

• Like 5

• Dak Commstar    139

Using the FOB for this would be great. It's already set up like a regular HQ, with vehicles and other services. It would give a better reason to use and maintain them. If the defense is lost, the radar services are lost for a time penalty before the FOB can be re-activated and set up again. It would make it much more useful as at current, people tend to avoid it unless it's right next to the AO. The pilots will activate the radar and after that the place is abandoned unless an fsg team decides to set up there and not closer to the ao.

Nova    1779
    10 hours ago, Dak Commstar said:

Using the FOB for this would be great. It's already set up like a regular HQ, with vehicles and other services. It would give a better reason to use and maintain them. If the defense is lost, the radar services are lost for a time penalty before the FOB can be re-activated and set up again. It would make it much more useful as at current, people tend to avoid it unless it's right next to the AO. The pilots will activate the radar and after that the place is abandoned unless an fsg team decides to set up there and not closer to the ao.

this could be down with zeus if you guys really wanted to. besides disabling the radar system.

Kalthramis    58
    3 minutes ago, InfamousNova said:

this could be down with zeus if you guys really wanted to. besides disabling the radar system.

But that'd require a Zeus to actually be on ;)

I had thought I'd replied to this thread, but I fully endorse it. Defends are fun, and being able to actually prep for one would be even more fun. Encouraging more FOB use isn't a bad thing at all, either.

Nova    1779

if people want it, i can do it with zeus but we cant really change how the ao's work since it would defeat the purpose of Invade an Annex since you wouldnt be invading anymore

DanOmate    17
    On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 3:42 PM, InfamousNova said:

if people want it, i can do it with zeus but we cant really change how the ao's work since it would defeat the purpose of Invade an Annex since you wouldnt be invading anymore

Possible to make the defend missions more frequent? I think right now it's a 15-20% chance of it happening after we successfully clear out the AO, maybe it could be increased to 50-60%?

Just an idea. Would make AOs more of a challenge to complete as well.

Edited by DanOmate

Nova    1779
    8 minutes ago, DanOmate said:

Possible to make the defend missions more frequent? I think right now it's a 15-20% chance of it happening after we successfully clear out the AO, maybe it could be increased to 50-60%?

Just an idea. Would make AOs more of a challenge to complete as well.

lol nah its weird. somedays its defend after defend after defend. and others it doesnt happen at all. plus it drops the server fps down to like 8 so constantly doing it would annoy people