Unit_3397

Unlock Base Building Objects after a few restarts.

Unit_3397    712

Hi All.

As a number of you already know, there has been plenty of suggestions on how to slow down the fps drop after a server restart. Well, a few members of our community have suggested that IF it is possible, perhaps between 1 to 3 server restarts base building parts become deleted unlocked; this way it could remove any objects that users haven't/ will not use at the next restart, thus hopefully decreasing the loading time and slow down the drop of FPS for the next 6 (soon to be 4 hopefully) hour restart.

PLEASE NOTE:

1. This Post is a merely a suggestion. 
  2. Should Moderators find this information useful in developing the game, changes and implementation of such ideas may not happen till later in the future.
  3. Respect that some ideas (no matter how awesome they may sound) cannot be scripted into the game.

Regards.

Unit_3397.

• Like 1

• Leopard    7

If I remember correctly, John Paul said it would require a staff member to be on that can do it.

I think they all pretty busy with Life at the moment too.

But hey, Independent is better FPS less players around!

With Love!

Mr. Snow Leopard

// See ya on the end of my fucking gun //

Unit_3397    712

Perhaps recruiting A few more dedicated moderators to wasteland that are available at different time zones and times throughout the day will not only help with fairness of gameplay but one can be dedicated  to the job of resetting this every few days. 

Don't know about that indie FPS though : P

Regards.

Unit_3397

• Like 1

Dak Commstar    139

4 restarts and we got a deal. You know how much I love my building unit. I think however a server cleaning script might work better. Alerts players to a clear and then deletes any items on the ground. How that may be scripted I haven't the slightest clue. I put it down to the hundreds of items laying about on the ground. People run into the stores and leave magazines everywhere, dead players drop kits, guns laying about, cans of beans and water bottles along with the nefarious brief case strewn all across Stratis. Basically whenever you kill another player, your adding to the lag. Simple solution is: don't kill anyone :3!