Sign in to follow this  
Charlie

Anzac History

Charlie    106

So since Anzac day has passed but it kind of still is around us, anyone who has any stories about family members or friends who have fallen in the fight for Gallipoli or in any war for that fact as I love hearing these stories of fallen comrades and people who have put the lives on the line for people they don't even know and sacrificed themselves for us. So I have a little story my great uncle Burton was in the Gallipoli dawn launch and survived for a few days and saved pulled 5 of his comrades to safety and one recovered and Burton was given a medal (cant remember which one) but the guy survived and lived until he passed away in 1986. unfortunately Burton popped his head out of the trenches at Gallipoli and had his head blown off by a artillery shell and his head was blown clear off. So yeah leave us your story's below. 

• Like 1

• Leopard    7

My great uncle (Dads - Dads - Dads - Brother) was a recruited member for WWI and is buried in a mass grave in france, fromels I beleive. Dont really know what happened but I think from reading his file he was K.I.A 3 days after deployment. 

There was also quite a large number of relatives in WWII that both survived and passed away. (Also from dads side)

Not much of a story but just a bit of info!

Lest We Forget

Sign in to follow this