Unit_3397

Poll: Getting punished from mines.

Punished from ally walking over mine?   

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Unit_3397    712

Hi Wasteland Lovers!

Time for another Poll, This time its regarding Mines again.

Basically, from the results based from Poll: Mines, we introduced the Triangles. This movement has drastically reduced friendlies walking over mines. But how about when they do? A few Vet players have voiced their opinions on the matter, and im looking to see what our wasteland community says.

PLEASE NOTE:

1. Please do not vote on this poll if you are not a regular player on our wasteland server.
  2. This Post was made to gather members opinions on the matter. 
  3. Should our Development Staff find this information useful in developing the game, changes and implementation of such ideas may not happen till later in the future.
  4. Respect that some ideas (no matter how awesome they may sound) cannot/ will not be scripted into/ out of the game.

Peace out peeps! 

Enjoy our wasteland Server!

• Like 3

• Jüstice™.    46

Regardless if youre a noob or seasoned player if you see a red triangle and you insist on approaching it then die dont punish the player its not his or her fault you didnt adhere to the warning sign...If you didnt know what it ment then still dont be a douche and punish its called learning dont go near them again.

Im personnely tired of being punished from players that insist on walking over them or near them and why is the punish / kill set at one WTF is that.

Thanks Unit for putting up a much needed poll lets hope that its not a waste of time and head admins do fix this issue.

• Like 3

Links    336

Biggest issue i have found with mines is you get a player who joins the server the first time and they join Opfor spawn at rogain see someone die on the wall run out there to get some loots and get killed by a friendly mine punish the person who placed it there which kills them then there gear and money gets stolen they tk the person who stole there gear and it just begins a shit fest on opfor side chat

• Like 3

Dak Commstar    139

I would increase the number of punish hits. My kit is based on landmines so I'm not just placing them at the stores, but all over the map. I've been hit with a punish every now and again either by new players who don't know or trolls who do it intentionally and let me say, IT SUCKS. Especially when mining a hot-spot like Rogain, where there are always players running in circles, one of them (look'in at you Unit :3) is bound to run over ALL of your mines. 2 days ago I placed 20+ mines around Rogain and nearly all were detonated by friendlies which left me in a rush out of cover into sniper fire to revive idiots who might punish me if I left them. Its good fun when you stop a base from being taken just by having an effective minefield but I'd rather not be running to a dead, tunnel-visioned, blind to a GIANT-RED-TRIANGLE Noob before they expire and hit the punish button.

Removing the punish option gets a yes, but I think increasing the number of hits would be better as trolls still need to be stopped. I've had my kit stolen by players (via punish) who have placed mines to intentionally kill friendlies afterwards. So if it can still be used to troll and if people catch on to it, they will.

Edited by Dak Commstar
    • Like 2

Killzone    42

The problem with removing the punish system is trollers will just use mines now and teamkill and they cant get punished.

This is easily fixable with just a couple of screen shots of them killing you but its jsut a worry as they could get all them hard earned smokes ;).

But nevertheless i had placing down a mine trying to kill an enemy and a teammate jumps on it :(

Jüstice™.    46

Sniper the problem is team members knowingly walk over the mines that are clearly marked with a red triangles so only the stupid walk on them then they die so they punish.I had 3 different players do it to me on Sunday...Unit and I captured Kill Farm by ourselves then 15 minutes later the kiddie squad come over for free loot step on the mines and go Fark im gonna punish Justice for mining the dead so I have to log so i dont loose my gear because they dont understand just home stupid they are.

The punish button should only be for intentional shooting of another team member and ingame players should not abuse the punish button. Trolls should be reported screenshot or videoed.

Killzone    42
    32 minutes ago, Jüstice™. said:

Sniper the problem is team members knowingly walk over the mines that are clearly marked with a red triangles so only the stupid walk on them then they die so they punish.I had 3 different players do it to me on Sunday...Unit and I captured Kill Farm by ourselves then 15 minutes later the kiddie squad come over for free loot step on the mines and go Fark im gonna punish Justice for mining the dead so I have to log so i dont loose my gear because they dont understand just home stupid they are.

The punish button should only be for intentional shooting of another team member and ingame players should not abuse the punish button. Trolls should be reported screenshot or videoed.

Justice as i said i recon it would be amazing and to be completely honest 90% of the people using the punish button are just doing it to get some gear out of it, the problem isnt the mines the problem is it in a hole people can run into cars and punish the player i think if there was maybe another way then it could be solved but yes i can understand where you are coming from and yes i have it happen to me all the time. And i did vote for it to be removed also.

Edited by Sniper.
    typo.

Unit_3397    712
    7 hours ago, Sniper. said:

The problem with removing the punish system is trollers will just use mines now and teamkill and they cant get punished.

This is easily fixable with just a couple of screen shots of them killing you but its jsut a worry as they could get all them hard earned smokes ;).

But nevertheless i had placing down a mine trying to kill an enemy and a teammate jumps on it :(

Staff will be monitoring this system when it or a similar version of control gets implemented. Any accounts of trolling can be dealt with via bringing video evidence to staff, or asking staff in-game to observe the player. If he/she is found to be abusing the system they will be banned for Trolling/ Griefing. 

If you are a player wanting to grab some gear off a body that has a friendly mine on it, either be the engineer class to de-arm mines, be stupid enough to attempt to take the gear, or accept the fact that you weren't there when a member of your team downed a enemy and chose to mine the body. 

• Like 1

LAZYSHOT    49

yes for punish for real the shit is outlined not to walk over a red triangle but tryhards from COD seem to walk over them.._LOSE IT_ safety net for the pros of the game

Jüstice™.    46
    On 7/11/2016 at 2:00 PM, Unit_3397 said:

Hi Wasteland Lovers!

Time for another Poll, This time its regarding Mines again.

Basically, from the results based from Poll: Mines, we introduced the Triangles. This movement has drastically reduced friendlies walking over mines. But how about when they do? A few Vet players have voiced their opinions on the matter, and im looking to see what our wasteland community says.

PLEASE NOTE:

1. Please do not vote on this poll if you are not a regular player on our wasteland server.
    2. This Post was made to gather members opinions on the matter. 
    3. Should our Development Staff find this information useful in developing the game, changes and implementation of such ideas may not happen till later in the future.
    4. Respect that some ideas (no matter how awesome they may sound) cannot/ will not be scripted into/ out of the game.

Peace out peeps! 

Enjoy our wasteland Server!

OK so its been long enough for the Head Admins / Development Team to fix or address this issue...there are still idiots out there that walk onto friendly mines then punish as to why i have no idea its not for loot... as they die also and the person that placed the mine could be at the other end of the map.

Can we get an answer on this topic ASAP  form someone who is actually in charge and I mean before i ****ing die from old age...And not a Yeah were looking into it.

Yes im pissed off and if you dont like it too bad youve done NOTHING about it and its been a problem for everyone that places mines around a compound to protect it form enemies...

Unit_3397    712
    41 minutes ago, Jüstice™. said:

OK so its been long enough for the Head Admins / Development Team to fix or address this issue...there are still idiots out there that walk onto friendly mines then punish as to why i have no idea its not for loot... as they die also and the person that placed the mine could be at the other end of the map.

Can we get an answer on this topic ASAP  form someone who is actually in charge and I mean before i ****ing die from old age...And not a Yeah were looking into it.

Yes im pissed off and if you dont like it too bad youve done NOTHING about it and its been a problem for everyone that places mines around a compound to protect it form enemies...

The man we have dev'in also handles other servers, so when we say were looking into it, it actually means, its put on the list of things to try and add/ fix. 

I agree with ya, its more than annoying, so im going attempt to find a resolution. Ill post back here in about a week with the verdict of if can be implemented now or if it must be looked at further down the track.

Jüstice™.    46

4 months is how long ago you posted this Unit and Development team cant remove the punish option from the game ? If it was Altis Life I bet there would be a quicker response...Just saying tell me if Im wrong.

Remove punish option altogether then dev team can fix it when they have time then re-install it when its fixed how hard is that but dont leave it the way it is with noone doing shit about it. July 11th you posted 85% want it removed.

• Like 1

Unit_3397    712

I've had a look into it, and from what i can see, theres no easy solution. We cant separate deaths due to mines from other weapons, nor can we shut off the punish system all together...

Will still keep this in the ideas for the road map though.