TurboFanny

Rearming station at airfield

TurboFanny    3

I reckon there should be a rearming station at the airfield and i know you can set one up yourself but that costs 65k and even then some idiot can just come along and blow it up...

Or maybe the service button could get fixed and maybe lower the price to service things...?
But yeah a rearming station that noone can blow up or move or touch...

• Unit_3397    712

I like the idea this is centred around, and its easy enough to implement. 

However, I think you'll find that there is generally a rearm truck at the airfield's western water edge, and if not, I would generally buy one for my jets...

CON:

• Not relying upon team as much for protection
    • quick service = quick take off and preventing players from the chance of destroying you while you are taxiing 
    • domination of the map = Rage quit/ salt
    • Diverting other players to airfield instead of focusing on missions and other objectives

PRO:

• Entice the other teams to try and gain control of the airfield. 
    • Faster takeoff/ rearming = domination of the map

It doesn't matter how you look at it... The jet is overpowered as FU in the right hands.

End result, We could sit here and argue all day about pros and cons xD but I think we will leave it the way it is for now.

• Like 4

Ya Mum    187

I think that's a great idea.  

If there is a annoying jet flying around, you know it's going to head back to rearm so set up and fling him when he lands 

Unit_3397    712
    7 minutes ago, Ya Mum said:

If there is a annoying jet flying around, you know it's going to head back to rearm so set up and fling him when he lands 

This can be done either way :p 

Edited by Unit_3397
    • Like 3

Links    336
    On 8/23/2016 at 7:35 PM, TurboFanny said:

I reckon there should be a rearming station at the airfield and i know you can set one up yourself but that costs 65k and even then some idiot can just come along and blow it up...

Or maybe the service button could get fixed and maybe lower the price to service things...?
    But yeah a rearming station that noone can blow up or move or touch...

if you able to live long enough to rearm there needs to be risk in rearming.

yes rearm trucks are 65k (yes thats alot it is going to change soon) no one is forcing you to put it at the airfield for anyone to use,

"No Risk No Reward"

as for " some idiot can just come along and blow it up..." thats just how wasteland works if you buy one and hours later a person who is playing on the same team as you when you brought it is and you are not playing to tell them who brought it or help them take the Airfield and the enemy team is using it they have every right to blow it up.

in all the time i have played Wasteland i have always said "control the airfield control the map" if opfor/blufor or indie get salty cause @Unit_3397 is killing them over and over in a jet you need to question them and ask why haven't help take the airfield or gone to the root of the issue in the first place.

Edited by Links
    • Like 3

Dak Commstar    139

When your ammo truck gets blown up, its the enemy team actually moving to disable your air superiority. Its tactics. If there is a player dominating the air, they can only do so while they have ammo. Kill the ammo, remove the ability to fight. Your just gonna have to fork it out if you want to run those aircraft and ground vehicles.

• Like 1