pava999

Removing Mortars from Wasteland

Remove Mortars from Wasteland  

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

pava999    26

It seems some of the players who I have come across on Wasteland really dislike the idea of mortars. It has come to my attention and also Tiggati's after having a conversation about this issue on team speak that mortars are causing many people to rage quit in which a prime example are the many people on side chat and direct communication who constantly hate mortars which go off as well as the people who I come across on team speak. I have had people on Team speak who say mortar fire is always mayhem and expect to die when you are even placed inside the gun store or certain areas. In terms of its overpower ability the mortars seem to be a never ending supply and people who decide to fire mortars upon an area always have a supply truck nearby to restock which can in turn lead to a infinite supply of mortars almost. In relation to the overpower matter it has been seen and is quite evident that people who spam mortars are always generally in the top 3 of the leader board while having a ton of kills from this type of spamming. Anyway I think it should be necessary to leave this to a vote because it has been a very disappointing issue for a lot of players and community needs to decide however I am against it as well as many others.    

• Like 6

• Marcus    38

I think they should be removed. i have logged in 3 times for about 1 hour over the past four days and there was always one ****wit constantly mortaring the gunstore EVERYTIME anyone entered it, shelling 20+ mortar rounds per fucking barage. the gunstore currently is no go......

• Like 2

Tiggati    1067

There has been suggestions of making them so you cannot rearm them. There was another with saying only limit the round you have in them when you buy them and cannot rearm too.
    Or make it so you can't fire over the whole map and only have it so they can fire within a certain radius.

• Like 1

alascer    79

Those who complain about the problem, are not going to fix the problem.
    Those who outsmart the problem, defeat the problem.

If you don't get what I mean by that then basically, you have to outsmart the people using any weapon, be it tank, mortar, sniper.

Remember, this is an army simulator, army's have mortars, you can't just ask the enemy to stop using something because you get annoyed by it lol.

• Like 1

Marcus    38
    4 hours ago, alascer said:

If you don't get what I mean by that then basically, you have to outsmart the people using any weapon, be it tank, mortar, sniper.

Remember, this is an army simulator, army's have mortars, you can't just ask the enemy to stop using something because you get annoyed by it lol.

Its a bit hard to outsmart infinite mortars hidden who knows where on the map which hit any and every gun store on the map when it says enemies here.... which also makes it almost impossible to pick a gun, which for a combat diver is essential since there is only one gun and one type of ammo which works underwater

Edited by Marcus
    • Like 1

Spec13    12
    6 hours ago, alascer said:

It is an army simulator, but in the real thing you don't get a notification everytime someone is in a confined area.

Either get rid of the notification saying "ENEMIES" or get rid of the mortars. 

• Like 2

Donkey Punch    29

mortar locations are easily identified with a $1000 uav, purchase these from general store where enemy in area notification is not given, go to mortar location, kill mortar spammer.

$25k mortar beaten for the price of a drone and a bullet

i don't believe in removing things from the game for the sake of a couple people raging about it.

change the price

change the way they re-arm at ammo trucks

the mobility, armor, projectile travel time and accuracy are inferior to many other weapons in game, should those be removed too?

• Like 2

Jüstice™.    46
    On 22/11/2015, 11:09:26, Tiggati said:

There has been suggestions of making them so you cannot rearm them. There was another with saying only limit the round you have in them when you buy them and cannot rearm too.
    Or make it so you can't fire over the whole map and only have it so they can fire within a certain radius.

The rearm vehicle allows continuous firing and rapid firing. I've seen this in action with people parking on top of them with tanks.

Fav place ive found them hiding is on the bridge with a a couple of spotters near the target whos job is to run in and loot money.

Anyway Tig has a valid point reduce the firing range would be nice :)

• Like 1

Tiggati    1067

Yeah you can spend half an hour trying to track down a mortar spammer with a $1,000 UAV, or you could log off and go to another server that isn't riddled with map bombing.
    I don't care if it's an army simulator, I'm concerned about our players leaving because all people do now is just mortar spam.

This is a game, and as a community, we want our players to be happy. Most of the ones that will vote the mortar in are the ones who can't shoot a gun and hide away to look good on the score board. 

I'm all about tactics and having fun. Being blown up and not being able to enter a gunstore or make a base because it'll be constantly bombed is not fun. We want our servers to be fun, not "Real Life".
    We make it real life as possible with everything in there yes, but if people start to leave our servers because of this, then I want to hear you say you don't care.
    It's not just a few people, it's a lot of people that say mortars are stupid and they should be removed. It is really frustrating trying to PLAY A GAME when you just get spammed with bombs from a noob that sits in a corner.

So please don't go all real life on this suggestion, yes have your say, but at the end of the day, this is a game, and a community wanting the best for our players. You're all forgetting we removed a few things from the server to make it a better place for our players. For example, the Scorcher and also we tried to remove grass so it would improve FPS, real life has grass..

Please write something constructive, not a smart arse comment. Leave suggestions as people have, not just "It's a real life military simulator."

• Like 2

Donkey Punch    29

my comment here wasn't intending to be "smart arsed" the tactic i mentioned is my genuine go to strategy if i want to eliminate a mortar. i don't feel insulting people who vote opposing your opinion is necessary, the people who have come to vote here include valuable community members and from the looks of the voting turnout it doesn't really represent the player volume as we've had 26 votes over 6 days. i don't vote for mortars because i cant aim or want to boost my score. i vote for mortars because i believe people enjoy playing on servers that include content. removing content unnecessarily no-one should be a fan of.  and i'm not forgetting scorchers i do agree with balancing. and that is what this situation calls for balancing.

the issue isn't the mortars are in the game but the way they are abused with re-arm vehicles. stop them being spammed and everyone is happy

• Like 2

Tiggati    1067

Not aimed at you mate, I agree with you having a server with more content.
    It's just all I hear is people complain about them.

It's either remove mortars, or change like others have said.

Don't have the option to rearm.
    Up the price of them more.
    Have a certain radius where they can bomb.

JoeBandit    14

I'd like to see mortars position revealed on the map temporarily when firing - doesn't stop people using mortars but makes them vulnerable to counterattack, which they aren't right now.

• Like 4