Farqman

I&A With Mods

Farqman    86

I know this has been mentioned a bit in the past but hypothically, how hard and how long would it take to create a modded server?

would love to run I&A with the vehicles and weapons from RHS, TF radio and have all the ACE mods. Would definitely make things interesting as a medic. 

I realise that this server would not not appeal to everyone as they would have to download mods, and some people can't or simply don't want too. The other problem may be that it steals too many players away from the original server and that may go quiet. 

Is it at all possible to setup a server for a week, maybe a month as a trial?

Then rot comes down to cost. If the cost isn't too much I may be able to sponsor the server that way your not trying to crowd fund?

Edited by Farqman
Crap spelling

• insanD    431

The only problem this could pose is the player base, not many people are willing to download a large modpack (Australian internet, for ya) just to play on a modded server.

While it would be an amazing server, I don't think this would work in the long run, unfortunately. 

• Like 1

Farqman    86

I'm on "Australian" internet lol. 

Only takes a couple of hours. Overnight is best. 

I think the biggest issue is taking away players from the other server. That is why I proposed a trial. Run it for a week, if it fails, at least you can say been there done that. 

If the worry is not enough players, maybe look at reducing it from a 70 slot server to say 30 or 40. This would make it more team orientated. 

If the topic ever ever gets raised again you can say we tried that and it failed. Nothing ventured, nothing gained :)

Edited by Farqman
    • Like 1

Farqman    86

I'm 31 by the way. Had a gaming PC for about 6 weeks. I managed to work it out and install mods. 

If I can do it, anyone can!

• Like 1

Fitz    1239

It's something we're looking into. Last night we were testing out taskforce radio...

• Like 2

Nova    1779
    3 hours ago, Farqman said:

If I can do it, anyone can!

i wish more people were like you. it really isnt hard especially with steam workshop now.

but as fitz said task force radio worked last night somewhat. aslong as you dont want to use short range or die whatsoever. modded I&A is a possibility but not sure when. and if we did launch another server it would definitely be around 30-40 slots