Kyroe

Zues mission idea's

Kyroe    64

While yes i potentially could have started this under suggestions. i placed it here instead as it will be more of a discussion topic then a suggestion topic. with that said. if you guys have some missions you would like to see on the server. leave the suggestions down below. (please note these missions will be scaled based on available players and numbers on server.)

Edited by Kyroe
  • Like 2

• Nova    1779
    10 minutes ago, Kyroe said:

even though you were joking. i could turn that into a small scale mission No Prob :fist:

im gonna try and remember to run a mission on friday that should be interesting

Kyroe    64

awesome. and to prove the fact of that i could turn that into a small scale mission. a rogue sniper training camp. *insert salute here*

• lul 1

Zombine45    177

I'd really like to see more smaller scale missions/objectives in the main AO that can earn players 'brownie points' (so to speak) with zeus, like if they do the mission they can request a supply drop or a vehicle drop that zeus can deploy (Because the pilots are so reliable).

EDIT: And when i say vehicle drop i mean like a prowler or something, not an MBT or anything silly like that

Edited by Zombine45
    • Like 1
    • thinking3d 1

Kyroe    64

AO ops aren't my where i'd like to focus my objectives. as such i base my missions with specific goals in mind. while i have no problem with anyone partaking in the missions i place. they will need to read the task description. as such this is why i have set up an office to brief those eager from the start so they know what needs to be done. and because of how well my team has been performing thus far. they still have access to a kajman gunship they secured form an earlier mission if they deem it necessary to use. and as such. my missions are scaled based on numbers involved as well as keeping in mind the amount if people on server total. so in turn i have to be cautious about what i do throw against them. and now comes to the reason of this topic. i can only create so many missions before they begin to become stale. So any and all idea's are welcome. but setting up a small mission within the AO its self is not advisable to me. perhaps one of the other Zeus's can do something like that. as i personally aim for a slightly bigger mission and objective states to be completed

also what i said about the gunship. goes for almost any vehicle they aquire. but are only supporting roles and therefore operated by AI when requested

SirPetri    15

What about some stealth missions? Get into an enemy base, recover some object or download some data then get out again without being detected. Could set some people up in overwatch and/or UAV operator (darter?) to watch for patrols and know when it's safe to move. If you are detected, and you don't neutralise the enemy alerted to your presence quickly, then base goes on alert a large enemy force is called in (or the base's forces bear down on the alert location). Trouble is it's probably more of a small team mission...

• thinking3d 1

SirPetri    15

Night-time missions? (e.g. POW rescue, VIP snatch, plant a bomb) Assuming you know when night-time will be, and it's happening when you're zeus-ing, brief before nightfall then the team has a limited time to execute the mission (e.g. the base isn't as heavily guarded at night but come daytime the defences substantially increase).

Or hold off against an attacking force until daybreak, when reinforcements arrive (i.e. the mission ends).

Edited by SirPetri
    • Like 1

Kyroe    64

good options. but given the AI and how their spotting works. they are OP with that BS. for example. look at the POW side missions. people get spotted pretty easily even while trying to stealth it. i do have a method of pulling it off but will require lots of micro managing. night time ops are almost always undo able due the fact time flies so quick during the night portion. that by the time i can set up a mission. the sun is already rising. the only mission i was able to successfully create was a vip rescue mission at molos. the team was rather small. 6 man team. civ's roaming around. and stealthy bandits sneaking around trying to find the vip to execute him. due to lighting, advantage was the team as the AI could only spot them when they stepped into the light. come day time. that advantage slips majorly. but appreciate the idea's though. 

SirPetri    15

Good to know those issues/limitations. I'll have a bit more of a think and see if I can come up with anything else...

Brodie0296    78

How about AAF held city with CSAT advisers, but the CSAT are players? would make it abit more interesting. Or a whole BHD recovery mission where we rescue hostages but then have to survive waves of enemies? or hold off an attack on a FOB but we dont know what FOB it is so people will have to be spread out.

Nova    1779
    33 minutes ago, Brodie0296 said:

How about AAF held city with CSAT advisers, but the CSAT are players?

cant actually switch teams so the ai would shoot you regardless

34 minutes ago, Brodie0296 said:

or hold off an attack on a FOB but we dont know what FOB it is so people will have to be spread out.

FOB despawns after the aos have moved

Kyroe    64

i like the idea's. but yet again. limitations as nova has stated. only 1 fob is active at a time. and change after a certain amount of AO completions. and as also stated players cannot change sides. gotta keep it limited to Nato side

Kyroe    64

that's already a feature for the fob if im not mistaken. if people stand around the fob. AI spawn and attack it. unless that was changed...

Brodie0296    78
    28 minutes ago, Kyroe said:

that's already a feature for the fob if im not mistaken. if people stand around the fob. AI spawn and attack it. unless that was changed...

think it has, honestly never noticed enemy spawn near the FOB unless a side mission was close

Nova    1779
    38 minutes ago, Brodie0296 said:

But cant we just get people to go to a FOB and get who ever is Zeus to spawn in enemies and direct them to it?

yea this can be done but only for one FOB possible 2 if timed right

• kkool 1