Matsozetex

IDAP Slots

Matsozetex    89

After viewing the recent "Orange DLC" I've been interested in proposing a small amount of slots for a civilian faction for the server. 

Their role would be:

- Clearing mines (I.e mines on the server don't despawn until defused)

- Reviving dead players 

- Repairing vehicles

- Delivering non-lethal supplies (Smoke grenades, medkits, repair kits, faks etc.)

These actions are rewarded with points that can be seen on the ingame leaderboards and the standard Arma leaderboards.

I am proposing 5 slots to be accessible to white listed members of the community (Can be changed, just my idea). The roles include:

- IDAP Coordinator (Basically a squad leader)

- IDAP Medic, access to medical delivery drone

- IDAP Defuser, access to new mine clearing drone

- IDAP Repairman, access to general supply delivery drone

- IDAP Pilot, flies IDAP branded mohawk

Obviously this new faction comes under the civilian side, therefore necessary class and vehicle restrictions should take place, ground rules are as follows.

- No rifles, launchers, sidearms (Except for flare pistol) or lethal grenades. Following rules for non-lethals

- No entry into armed vehicles

On the other hand these restrictions are balanced with these bonuses:

- Access to the IDAP ambulance (Acts as a taru medical pod with 20 or so revive tickets)

- Access to new drones

- Not being a target of the AI, due to their civilian status

- Access to construction unifroms and IDAP uniforms

Also considering that these players will be a different side to blufor, tags will not appear for blufor players. Meaning that if someone kills an IDAP member it will not show as a team kill, however I believe that some sort of punishment should be in place to punish those attacking civilians, a possibility could be a player being sent to Gitmo for a couple minutes if the IDAP player deems it as careless or purposeful (Like the robocop system in place). 

Any opinions are welcome for a possible introduction.

EDIT: Vehicles for these slots should include:

- IDAP Ambulance

- Offroad repair (Service)

- IDAP Mohawk

- Appropriate UAV's 

Edited by Matsozetex
  • thinking3d 2

• Goose_    31

- Clearing mines (I.e mines on the server don't despawn until defused)

But then the children won't get to frolick in my minefields.

Ishmael    5

Having humanitarian side missions for IDAP might work I have no idea how to script tho so could be harder to do then I think, missions could be like a town hit by CSAT/AAF/NATO arty civs need medical supplies, mines left behide after an AO has been cleared and another has started, setting up medical "green zones" for non combatants and friendly NATO troops to heal/regroup.     

• Like 1