Jereleet

Server Events

Jereleet    25

So I keep hearing (and seeing) how the the strayagaming wasteland server population is in a very slow decline.

At best these days on a Friday night we might get up to 50 - 60 people on Malden, back at Stratis's peak, on a Friday night it was normal to experience 80 or even a full server and you sometimes couldn't get on for like 10 minutes.

I don't think merely changing the map will magically bring wasteland back to it's peak.
Plus, map changing is a big job, so it's not a quick and easy fix.

So I was thinking to myself, what else could be done to boost population.
The best idea I came up with was Server Events.

Run them monthly, or weekly if strayagaming admins are available.

Some idea's for server events I came up with are:

The Hunger Games
Basically, admins wall off a big town like Latrinite or LaPort (north and south) and a bit of the surrounding area's.
Players are placed within the "arena" if you will, starting around the outter edges.
There's maybe 1 food sack and 1 water drum placed in middle.
No vehicles in the town, (maybe quads)
Very few weapons are available, you have to kill people, to get their money to buy more powerful weapons.
Death could be permanent, after death you spawn outside and are out of the event.
Winner is the last person or small group left standing.

Malden LeMans
This event is a race around the main highway of Malden.
There could be several vehicle type categories (Quads, MRAP's, Civie Vehicles, Trucks).
No armed vehicles allowed. But 'destruction derby' type bullshit is allowed.
No cross country cheating, you gotta stick to the main highway, if you deviate to far from it, you are disqualified (Can monitor player positions on the map).
Start and finish at the north airfield.
Winner is the first person of each category to cross the finish line first, second and third.

It's on for young and old
This event is a team deathmatch where the two teams are made of up players 23 years old and under (The Young Guns) and people 24 years old and over (Over The Hill)
No Holds Barred
2 Hour event
Team with most kills by the end wins

Event winners could be awarded decent cash prizes, or forum titles, or whatever else people feel is of value

Other less developed ideas I had were:
- Rocket launchers only in close quarters death match?
- Refined area destruction derby 
- Veteran Guidance Day
- Money Money Money!
- Funny hat day? (j/k)

I'd be interested to hear some of your thoughts on these and please provide any other suggestions for other events, or feel free to change my suggestions in any way you feel would benefit strayagaming wasteland.

Edited by Jereleet
  • Like 4
  • Seems Good 1
  • Clap 1

• Baden    29

I like the way you think Mr Leet, I know Dak has been champing at the bit to do some special events. The few times I've participated it has been a blast. In terms of these type of activities bringing people to the server... who cares do them anyway they would be a great change of pace and a lot of fun.

I do like the sound of the third option you brought up, I like to hear the squeakers squeak. So that'd be Justice and me on one side and pretty much everyone else on the other!

• Like 1
    • Facepalm 1
    • wooow 1

Granteus    39

How about an event where one weekend you get double money from mission and it will give incentive for players to compete and to complete all the missions, this double money incentive will also cause a lot of PVP, perhaps an entire weekend is a bit much but something along those lines. 

• Like 2

Jereleet    25
    13 hours ago, Baden said:

I like the way you think Mr Leet, I know Dak has been champing at the bit to do some special events. The few times I've participated it has been a blast. In terms of these type of activities bringing people to the server... who cares do them anyway they would be a great change of pace and a lot of fun.

I do like the sound of the third option you brought up, I like to hear the squeakers squeak. So that'd be Justice and me on one side and pretty much everyone else on the other!

Thanks Baden, yeah I reckon there's a good 10 - 12 guys that would fit in that bracket, but yes, the young guns would definitely have the numbers.

They'd have quite a few quality players as well though, like FBI, REC Orion, Middleton, Pickles, probably the rest of Ali's crew.
    Would be a good contest. Entire towns would be levelled...

As to double money events Grant, great idea! I know that would make me jump on at those times in particular.

I guess the trick is getting the word out to players who don't hop on as much these days, or potentially getting them to bring their friends that might not have tried wasteland before.

Edited by Jereleet
    corrections

Unit_3397    712

Cheers for your suggestions :)  
    I'll see about discussing them with our wasteland team and if there's a possibility to see these ideas implemented into the game in the future. 

• Seems Good 1