JetFuel cant MeltSteel Bea

Player Markers for Medics

My suggestion is, to add a little marker above players that are medics ( Like a small Red Cross for example) so that other players who are dragging or carrying a downed player know where to take them. i have had a few moments where i have been carried in the opposite way to a medic, hence why i thought this would be a good idea 

• Like 1

• shift597    178

Thanks for joining up to the forums jetfuel and thanks for the suggestion. I can definitely say i have encountered this problem many times and im sure the developers will be able to implement this at some stage :D 

Tiggati    1067

That's the whole point of no player tags. You have to work in a team and have medics on standby.
    Probably the only way around it is to communicate with the medics and maybe a medic skin on their vehicles and clothing. 

It's a good idea, but just medics to have tags will be a bit unfair to the other players. 

i was discussing with some of the guys in Pilot channel, about this and the idea of Medic patches came up, so essentially Medics could have a uniform and/or Helmet that has a Medic symbol on it.

Also its a little hard for someone  to co ordinate with the rest of the team when you're 300m out, someone (whose not in the same group as you) under fire manages to carry or drag you out of the danger zone, to go find a medic, its kind of hard for them to type to a medic and specifically look for a medic on map, all while under fire.

on another side note, is it possible at all to get like Medic Hunters/ Hatchbacks/offroaders?

• Like 2

Idea wise something like these two pictures.

For the helmet, yea the helmet style is old school but i was thinking same concept just on the Nato Helmets

Uniform Wise, maybe a copy of one of the uniforms already used by NATO, but have that medic patch perhaps a littler larger than in the picture on both arms, and maybe as well since there are vests that cover that area, maybe put the patches on one or both of the thighs as well?

images.jpg

medic_1529375c.jpg

Fitz    1239

This can easily be done by the player by making an Arma squad with a medic patch like I do sometimes. 

Obviously it would be better if it was a server-side thing but in the meantime this is good enough for me.

2015-10-05_00002.thumb.jpg.3ee3fd0bff4eb2015-10-05_00003.thumb.jpg.bb63c69bfd7402015-10-05_00004.thumb.jpg.32ea10976522a2015-10-05_00005.thumb.jpg.7d24fa913bf3c

92937f79150018a78065e03d67014a35.png

Edited by A. Fitz
    here the patch if anyone wants it
    • Like 2

Tiggati    1067

A. Fitz, that's a good skin and patch to have, maybe also have the hat suggestion too, so they show a bit more, or even have a cross on the backpack? 

dasweetdude    327

The skins and custom patches will come guys as for the markers maybe that maybe backwards compatiable but the medic can see you when your down within a 500m radius and its not your job when your dead or downed to find him its his job to get you back on your feet and fighting fit again l think that more people who are more capable of being a medic should be taking these roles.And custom gear will be available in the market place when we open its open for donators.and thanks fitz you might see that symbol somewhere in the future ;)

• Like 1

Tiggati    1067

They look a bit too bright to be apart of a military ground :P They're more Altis Life skins. But you'll want something that'll stand out as a medic vehicle. 

Edited by Tiggati

dasweetdude    327

They look awesome as Altis life skins l think that would make a good hunter to put into Altis Life. I&A medics don't always use vehicles if not at all l see mostly over the time l have been here.But l do like the skin.Even when l go medic class ,l get in a chopper and get inserted where the most amount of people are and keep them up or stick with the guys l got out of the chopper with.I try and stay with the soldiers as a medic usually does the symbol always comes up when someone's down that symbol works over 500m radius. I will run whatever distance on foot to get someone up if l know they are down,but in my time of seeing a lot of other medics they will pick the class but wont even run 250m to pick ya up if they don't feel like it, some wont even go out of there way over 100m which kinda defeats the purpose of going a medic l think.Players who pick players up or drag them to safety shouldn't have to carry them to the medic the medic usually comes to them.I do love the patches though they have been a talked about thing of putting in l know there are default ones in there too people can use.

• Like 1