New Guy

Lockable vehicles

Lockable Vehicles  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

New Guy    0

I want to be able to lock a vehicle when I leave the server, but people can buy lockpicks from the general store, and still able to blow them up at the same time.

• Mozkelby    379

I like the idea, in fact I was just about to make a post about it myself.

I do however think that only vehicles bought from the Vehicle store should be lockable, and only by the player who bought it. A perfect example would be the locking system on the two big Aus/NZ KOTH servers.

Rebitaay    7

You can already lock vehicles that you've bought. Randomly spawned vehicles are free for anyone.

Perhaps the ability to by a vehicle lock instead?

Unit_3397    712

Hi all

id like to re kindle this idea back into existence xD 

Since the beginning of my time playing wasteland there has been numerous occasions where a team mate might jump into the vehicle that I am in and drive off, or spam the ammo at various objects. I then  proceeded to warn them to exit my vehicle, more or less causing me grief. 

End story, it's greifing players that want to use their vehicle solo or have placed their vehicles in strategic positions. Eg, next to ammo truck. (For those that hate this type of gameplay, relax, you can hit us with a AT missle from anywhere :) )

Here are a few ideas I've stolen/ explored myself:

-purchase locks/ keys for brought vehicles 

-only allow members in your personal group to enter your vehicle 

-Even just a system where you can lock the vehicle you are in from anyone has its benefit.

-locking applies till you either leave the vehicle /log off / or server restart

enemies have the opportunity to unlock your vehicle while you are not in it and then have access to its  inventory and can operate it and take control of the locking system

PLEASE NOTE:

1. This Post is merely a suggestion 
    2. Should Moderators find this information useful in developing the game, changes and implementation of such ideas may not happen till later in the future.
    3. Respect that some ideas (no matter how awesome they may sound) cannot be scripted into the game.

//sent from mobile

Regards.

Unit_3397.

• Like 2

Leopard    7

@Unit_3397

I like this idea as long as enemies can still get in empty enemy vehicles.

Nothimg better then the gunner or driver jumping out and me running over and stealing it hahaha. 

In all honesty I dont think there is much of an issue unit. Just ditch all them scrubby opfors and come play inde, no trolls here. 

Unit_3397    712
    12 minutes ago, Mitchell A. Westermann said:

@Unit_3397

I like this idea as long as enemies can still get in empty enemy vehicles.

Nothimg better then the gunner or driver jumping out and me running over and stealing it hahaha. 

In all honesty I dont think there is much of an issue unit. Just ditch all them scrubby opfors and come play inde, no trolls here. 

That's fair enough, but in reality soldiers lock their vehicles to prevent enemies from  utilising them... The enemy can them attempt to lock pick or blow a door off, I don't know ?

As for the issue, yes it's a small one, but it's simply an idea for future updates. 

Just trying to create a better  atmosphere for BLUFOR and OPFOR. :)

//sent from mobile

Regards.

Unit_3397.

• Like 1

Leopard    7

Look mate.

The only atmosphere for OPFOR and BLUFOR is 6 feet under. 

I think if it is needed just make it like beacons. You can select group only or what not. Same with vehicles, or just add the same script that stops enemies getting in, to the Teams.