Ptarmigann

Reconsidering some of the stuff that was removed for veteran/high level donators?

Ptarmigann    5

I've talked about re-enabling cruise missile & hammer on the destroyer for UAV before and recently jumping back onto the server and talking to some of the frequent players made me realize that a lot of the stuff that has been removed was because of misuse. I'm wondering if it's possible to look at some of the removed stuff again (particularly stuff for the UAV to use but the mortar truck/scorcher for mortar gunner and ironside would be nice too), but only have it accessible to people that are known to not join the server and randomly start trolling and high level donators? Thanks in advance. 

• <3 1
  • nothanks 1

• Turbanator    40

I'm pretty sure it's against Bohemia Intereractives rules that you can't lock content for people who haven't donated to something.

• Wesmart 1

Fitz    1239

The only thing that was ever exclusively for Veterans was the MLRS truck. These were meant to be 'trusted' people, but it was still too powerful and easy to abuse. 

The destroyer was never 'in' either. These things are spawned by Zeus at their discretion. 

And what Turban said is correct, can't have things that give an advantage exclusively for Donators. 

• Like 1

Ptarmigann    5
    8 minutes ago, Fitz said:

The only thing that was ever exclusively for Veterans was the MLRS truck. These were meant to be 'trusted' people, but it was still too powerful and easy to abuse. 

The destroyer was never 'in' either. These things are spawned by Zeus at their discretion. 

And what Turban said is correct, can't have things that give an advantage exclusively for Donators. 

I see, any plans to reconsider people that can be trusted with that sorta stuff or nah? 

Also not quite following the power part of it, iirc the Sandstorm and MLRS can't actually lock onto UAV lase and are just fired through the arty computer and can't be steered like a cruise missile, even then we're not allowed to actually hit HQ and radio tower with it. 

Edited by Ptarmigann

Fitz    1239
    3 hours ago, Ptarmigann said:

I see, any plans to reconsider people that can be trusted with that sorta stuff or nah? 

Not at this stage. That would require extra coding to restrict non-trusted people from using those things. A Zeus can still spawn them for someone if they wish.

3 hours ago, Ptarmigann said:

Also not quite following the power part of it, iirc the Sandstorm and MLRS can't actually lock onto UAV lase and are just fired through the arty computer and can't be steered like a cruise missile, even then we're not allowed to actually hit HQ and radio tower with it

Some people were driving the MLRS out to AOs with an ammo truck/crate and clearing the whole thing, regardless of ROE or whatever other rules prevent it. Any of the arty vehicles can be considered overpowered when close enough, laser or not. 

• Feels Sad Man 1

pkisbest    198

Yeah an MLRS is called a grid square eraser for a reason. With enough ammo they can easily carpet bomb and entire AO without any fear. 

Veterans were trusted once before and we screwed the pooch.

Your next best option is to pay one of the mods a few dollars to their paypal in order for favours beg the gods for their divine favour.

• Like 1
    • Kappa 1