Hindsight2020

Ironside AI recruits

Could a few recruitable AI be provided to Ironside to act as drivers, in my years on and off on this server i've only ever had a multi-crew in a tank twice. it would also encourage tankers to stop sniping from hills 2k away and actually get in the fight at closer range.

• Like 1

• XSV Sam    11

I'd like some AI, the Tanoa server had it and quite liked it. But to point out the reason for sitting 2km away from AOs is because the AT from the not building seeing AI have that exact shooting range. Ive been tanking a fair bit so yes its tedious to drive 8km-die- sit 2km get bombed from enemy or friendly CAS rinse and repeat. Also ive seen tank crews quite often but sadly i hate random crews especially those that no joke drive into open fields, not holding specific points of interest major roads etc, a lack of patience and most of all the inability to assist ground troops with pushing objectives. AT from AI denies all of this even with the trophy protection system. I loved Bohammers triple crew the other day held an entire defence on their own with intel from myself as JTAC was really cool to coordinate.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, XSV Sam said:

I'd like some AI, the Tanoa server had it and quite liked it. But to point out the reason for sitting 2km away from AOs is because the AT from the not building seeing AI have that exact shooting range. Ive been tanking a fair bit so yes its tedious to drive 8km-die- sit 2km get bombed from enemy or friendly CAS rinse and repeat. Also ive seen tank crews quite often but sadly i hate random crews especially those that no joke drive into open fields, not holding specific points of interest major roads etc, a lack of patience and most of all the inability to assist ground troops with pushing objectives. AT from AI denies all of this even with the trophy protection system. I loved Bohammers triple crew the other day held an entire defence on their own with intel from myself as JTAC was really cool to coordinate.

When you get a good crew it's a great experience especially if the driver knows what hes doing and properly situates you behind cover that can eat AT missiles.   However just having an AI in the drivers seat gives you the same experience. 

Posting up behind a two story building or large rock formation can allow you to get close enough to effectively use secondary guns and really support your ground team while still not getting hit by missiles if your driver knows what hes doing and reacts quick enough.

Just having an AI driver would solve this entirely and make Ironside worth playing, otherwise it's drive to AO>fire 8 HE>maybe kill two vehicles>respawn and repeat.

• Like 2

OrionSync    49

Just an update to keep you in the loop.

With the tanks it comes down to placement and experience as you have both iterated. As proven with previous editions of I&A Altis a complete complement of AI crew to man your tank was too OverPowering.

However we believe some middle ground can be met with the addition of being able to recruit an AI for the driver position only, no promises are being made but this is something we can look into and introduce as a trial in a near future edition of I&A.

• Like 2