Kalthramis

What is your standard kit, and why?

Kalthramis    58

/Title

Most everyone has a standard kit they roll with, with some variation for specific classes. What is yours, and why?

Mine is several FAKs, 2 RGO grenades, white smoke, 2 blue chems, .45 Pistol, large vest (not special vest), enhanced combat helmet.

I use stamina, which influences my gear.

I always seem to get hit several times in an AO, which is why one FAK isnt enough. RGOs are superior imo for their blast radius, and blue chems cuz blufor and greens are nasty looking. Smoke is never not useful, the NATO .45 pistol kicks ass in a few shots without the zubyr's weight, and the large vest for the extra armor without the weight. Also looks nice. 

The enhanced helmet is noteworthy as it is one of the few helmets that can take 2, occasionally even 3 bullets without you dropping. Nearly all other helms do not provide enough armor to live through even one shot to the head, excluding long distance shots and ricochet. 

Edited by Kalthramis

• Nova    1779

usually play either AT or engineer. both classes i use the mxm because its medium to longish range. which is what I&A mostly is. TITAN AT launcher. AAF heli crew helmet for aestethics . carry about 5-10 smokes 4 rgos. maybe some chem lights. for engineer i carry 6 demolition blocks. tool kit. plenty of faks for all my classes

• Like 1

toph704    4

Normally go Sniper/Marksman/Spotter.

This means AAF Ghillie, stuffing as many clips as possible into my vest and backpack with a few FAKs.

Gun changes depending on what I'm playing, generally equipment stays same with exception of explosives when spotting.

Edited by toph704
    • Like 1

Zombine45    177

I almost always play engineer so my kit very rarely changes. Most of the time i am driving a tank so i planned my kit for if i were to get separated from my vehicle and crew. What kal said about the ECH and his FAKs is 100% true. I don't play with stamina so i generally run a very heavy kit (This one comes in at about 85% of the weight limit)

Uniform

CTRG uniform, CTRG heavy plate rig, Assault pack, ECH

I use the CTRG uniform because i prefer it's look over the others, also the heavy plate rig has high armour values

Primary

MX SW; Bipod, Flashlight, ARCO, 100rnd red tracer mag

As i said before, getting separated from my tank is what i plan on, that means having to fight off enemies untill i can get to allies. The MX SW is perfect for that, it gives a single soldier a lot of fire power and can make defending a HQ a hell of a lot easier. I use red tracers since it makes fighting targets at long range easier (Burst fire and watching where the tracers land)

Sidearm

4-five. 45 ACP; MRD (Red dot sight), 11rnd mag

I think in the entire time i've been playing ArmA i've only used my sidearm once and that was back in A2, however i will never leave without one, it could save your life one day.

Gear

NVGs, Rangefinder, Tactical shades, GPS (Very important)

2x RGO,  4x 11rnd pistol mags, 3x 100rnd red tracer mags, 3 FAKs, 3x white smoke, 2x green smoke

^^^This equipment is standard on any kit i play

2x SLAM mines, 2x Explosive Charges, 1x Toolkit

^^^This is my engineer specific equipment

NVG's, rangefinder and a GPS are a must for me, So many times i've had people asking for NVGs when night pops up on the server. A GPS is extremely useful when driving a vehicle as it allows you to not have to pull the map up every 100 meters. I have 3 spare MG mags giving me 400 rounds to defend myself with. Always carry atleast two smoke nades, they can be invaluable in close quarters and in open areas when you need a little bit more cover. Having coloured smoke on hand just adds a bit more versatility.

Onto my engineer gear, the toolkit is obviously a must, this cuts my backpack space in half, either i take one satchel or two explosive charges, i picked the charges as they are slightly more versatile(eg. Clearing obstacles in a town) and one satchel cant take out a radio tower. To supplement this i take two SLAM mines in my vest, they can immobilize most vehicles (Although they wont kill them)

• Like 1

That Lucky SOB    373

Been a while since I been onto I&A (Blame Altis Life for that haha). But when I was really active I'd normally find myself as a medic or AT but they both used similar basic setups:

Primary: Mk-18 ABR with bipod, laser and Nightstalker Thermal sights. I choose Mk-18 because the higher caliber excels in the 400-1000m Ranges I normally engage at and the Nightstalker because thermals are preferred when finding OpFor in bushes and forested areas.

Smoke: 3, Because as someone else said "Smoke is never not useful"

RGN: 5 because I can throw them further and I need to lighten my loadout a bit

Chemlight: 3 if night missions for extracts

at least 3 FAKs

Laser Des, NVGs are a must.

Uniform: Combat Fatigues MTP, Carry All Baackpack MTP, Enhanced Combat Helmet (Grass), Carrier GL Rig MTP (because as AT I'm a freaking bullet magnet and ditto as a medic always running from corpse to corpse). I choose this look because it just looks freaking awesome (as pictured below, it is a very old screenshot though but one of the best that show of my "look").

2015-09-13_00001.jpg

Edited by That Lucky SOB