Zorgain

Thoughts?

Zorgain    482

So this is the gaming rig I'll be buying the next month or something, let me know what you think. 

GPU:EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SSC 4GB Graphics Card

CPU:Intel Haswell Core i7 4790K 4.0 GHz Processor

Motherboard: Asus B150M-A Motherboard

RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX FURY 2133MHz DDR4 Ram

HHD:1TB Western Digital Hard Drive

Monitor:27" AOC 2ms Gaming Monitor

• Like 1

• Envy    649

Buy a i5 instead of an i7 and buy a 970 if you play other games that are graphically intensive however if you are only playing Arma stick with the i7, other than that sounds good.

• Like 3

Zorgain    482

I only play arma and CSGO as of yet and not really getting bored of them as of yet, I also looked at the 960 arma 3 test on ultra and high and it gets like 60FPS and min at good senioro places like 30-40FPS which is alright considering now I get 10... ): I have also changed the i7 to a i5 :) 

• Like 1

Nova    1779

looks like a good build. if you want speed put your operating system on an SSD and maybe even arma for better performance.

• Like 2

Gotenks    497

i suggest just getting a smaller HDD and get a SSD. load ur OS onto the SSD and use that for steam library etc. it will load ur games quicker and what not. just use the HDD as a storage device for documents etc if u wish. 

• Like 1

Yuri    441

While 8gb of ram is good it depends if you are dual screening or more like i do go with 16gb but if you are only running arma and ts 8gb should be plenty.

Nova    1779
    11 hours ago, Pope Yuri said:

While 8gb of ram is good it depends if you are dual screening or more like i do go with 16gb but if you are only running arma and ts 8gb should be plenty.

the more the merrier. you need to think about future proofing too. a lot of games nowadays require atleast 8gb of ram. better of to just get 16 if you can

I'm real late, ik ik. 

But what the review you read said? That's not multiplayer performance.

The benchmarks completed were in SP, and considering you placed this on a gaming forum, you're going to be playing on a server is 80+ people on it.

In reality:

4790, SSD, GTX 970, 16GB ram

Still rocking that dank 30FPS.

Zorgain    482

I'm not even getting that anymore lol thats like a grand, I changed it a lot.