Unit_3397

Mine Usage in wasteland.

Happy with the current mine system?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Unit_3397    712

Hi All.

Since I first started playing Wasteland I have read and heard both anger and laughter from the community relating to the usage of mines.

I myself have been both the deliver and receiver of deaths related to mines, and am simply interested in what others think about their usage.

I for one can vouch that it can be frustrating when friendless step over my mine and punish me for their death though I have provided both markers in map and messages through chat.

Are you fine with how the system works? Are you ok with the idea that enemy players could have placed mines strategically around a store or area of value?

PLEASE NOTE:

1. This Post is not a petition to change the game in anyway.
  2. Should Moderators find this information useful in developing the game, changes and implementation of such ideas may not happen till later in the future.
  3. Respect that some ideas (no matter how awesome they may sound) cannot be scripted into the game.

Peace out!  ... oh... and 'mined' your step ok? :-)

Regards.

Unit_3397.

• Like 1

• Leopard    7

Arrgghhh Mines..... (Doesn't really matter at 1.4km-2.2km but hey!) 

I really see no advantage in having mines in the server, yeah sure you can place em everywhere and hope some poor bloke runs on to them.

I think they should be removed completely but for the sake of this thread I will say they should be expanded to a 300m radius AND friendly mines should have big icons above them just like friendly drones.

I think that at the moment they are pretty neutral they don't seem to cause that many issues but have no real advantages. 

// Not sure if this is a bug but you can place bounding mines within 75m of gun stores?? // 

With love!

Mr. Snow Leopard 

// See ya on the end of me .408 // 

Ya Mum    187

My view on wasteland is if it's a genuine tactic and not exploitive in any way then go hard (eg using a mortar next to a rearm truck is taking the piss)

• Like 2

Unit_3397    712
    2 hours ago, Ya Mum said:

My view on wasteland is if it's a genuine tactic and not exploitive in any way then go hard (eg using a mortar next to a rearm truck is taking the piss)

Like sniping from a heli 1000 metres up? ? I was searching for ya on uav ?

Regards.

Unit_3397.

• Like 1

Ya Mum    187

its 850 up actually and 1000m across

only ever been shot down twice. 1 was an AI jet and the other way because my pilot turned the lights on at night...... like 4 AA rockets all come at us at once

• Like 1

Dak Commstar    139

Different icons to tell which mines are which would definitely reduce friendly kills. I think most simply can't discern between for instance a charge and a bouncing-betty until they are already standing on it. Additionally players from games with no friendly-fire will actively run over friendly mines. Two different icons are needed I think. One for friendly charges (which don't detonate when you run over them) and one for mines. Also I think players just are not educated about them. They try sneaking past mines thinking they are far enough away and I just have to sit and wait for the inevitable call for revive. 5 meters people! 5 meter no-step-zone around mines!

Perhaps placing a circle around the mines radius, but then you're depending on game assets that may or may not be big enough.

Super Wookie    15

Mines give me a headache. Theyre such cheap ways of getting kills when placed next to atms or in stores. Just today I encountered a situation where a jet was strafing Rogain gun store and a team mate had placed mines on all the entrances to the building, meaning I couldn't enter without losing a limb. Thus I got pew pewed. Manually activated explosives and tank mines are fine, but the infantry mines are ridiculous and I would love to see them go.

Temprite    24

Mines don't bother me at all, i run as engi, i see them i walk around them.

The price however is way too cheap.

I'm happy with just claymores, tank mines, C4 and satchels. That's all i need.

Perhaps another way to look at it is only Engineers should be able to deploy mines / explosives.

Same as only medics should be able to revive. yeah sure everyone can heal but only medics can revive.

• Like 1