denis

Cop force

denis    132

Everyone says cops have all the rules on their side I really disagree with that jump on cop have a look at it seems worse for the rebels when your playing as a rebel look at it in a cop perspective those are their to protect the civilians in altis. I know you might think oh you need 6 cops to rob people in Sydney that is because to protect the civilians so the cops can help out the civilians for getting killed. I know the cops can shoot rebels in Sydney or in a major towns but that is for the protection of the civilians and the fellow cops lives. I would like for the shoot rebel on sight in a major town to be taken off as a rule because it would act more of the roleplay to deal with the situations as real cops will always go for the tape that will be reading this that means more roleplay for you cops out there. I know all you cops out the like to kill rebels on sight but that is something that we should stop. imagine having 3 rebels on your car alive don't you just feel good to get tazes some of you cops hate dealing with rebels like doing the whole roleplay scenario but that is the main point of the cop force is to roleplay not just to kill all rebels in my opinion. Like doesn't it feel good taking care of a situation with everyone out alive reading the suspects right to them to me if feels great it is the only reason I play cop. Thank you for reading this kind regards Denis :)

• Zorgain    482

Everyone is gonna have some salt when they die or it doesnt go there way, Everyone does even if they say they don't.

Leopard    7

I didnt even have to read the whole thing, 

As someone with over 1,500 hours on cop from another server. I know what he is said is completely true. 

Every server is the same. 

// Note these are rebel mis-conceptions and commonly made accusations from rebel forces.

1. Cops use lethal too much

This is stringly opinionated due to the highly armed rebels this server has compared to others.

2. Cops always have the 'advantage'

Again debate-able, cops have a duty to eliminate rebels, rebels choose to fight cops. 

3. Cops 'never' roleplay

Often rebels who are only ever known to attempt to kill cops when ever they see them, pull this card. Straight forward, the only RP a rebel sees is a cop hostage of a cop dead. Not what a cop wants, a cop wants (should) a traffic stop without being declared on. Overtime if Police are constantly shot at/killed they just adapt. Lowerer their RP standards and fight back. Valueing their life completly. 

4. Cops cant shoot back

Rebel shoot cop. Win win! 

Cop shoot rebel, aww you lethal to much (cleveland voice, from thr cleveland show).

There are many more I could list,

Every server is the same. Just remember also a rebel can get the gear of what a lieutenant constantly where as more then 50% of police have a fire-power dis-adcantage from square one. 

Rebels never understand that cops aren-t better off after all.

With love!

Mr. Snow Leopard

// See ya around //

*Sent from mobile*

Edited by Mr. Snow Leopard

Zorgain    482

There will always be this "Fight" because rebel gear is twice as much as cops is and whenever they die of course they will try get comp for 500k Worth of gear who wouldn't, But we have now semi started the taser rifle out and lethal away I believe so hopefully that starts the roleplay and as for the rebels always complaining they are rebels (Illegal People) Why wouldn't we shoot them if they are gonna shoot us or our civilians.

• Like 1

Leopard    7

Exactly, as I said and you kinda said Jake. 

Rebels will always complain cops cant RP or some other crap yet, as previously mentioned. Rebels only idea for RP is killing cops or taking them hostage. 

Dont want to get killed by cops? Simple be a civilian dont start fights that put your life in danger.

I never knew Police could KOS rebels in kavala. All though I know very little on this. I think that needs to be addresed. 

With love!

Mr. Snow Leopard

// See ya on Wasteland //

I am not hating cop but sometimes it gets boring. I walk around town and I see so many whitelist cop holstering their lethals. If you want to really get a tase, you should really try and enforce every whitelist to always carry a taser unless necessary. Or, lethals should be inside a vehicle and all cop should carry tasers only. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Snow Leopard said:

Exactly, as I said and you kinda said Jake. 

Rebels will always complain cops cant RP or some other crap yet, as previously mentioned. Rebels only idea for RP is killing cops or taking them hostage. 

Dont want to get killed by cops? Simple be a civilian dont start fights that put your life in danger.

I never knew Police could KOS rebels in kavala. All though I know very little on this. I think that needs to be addresed. 

With love!

Mr. Snow Leopard

Rebels have many RP, they rob bank. Rebels take cops as hostage as it gives the cop a reason to roleplay. I have so many situation where you try and take hostage and the cops don't really RP and just try and kill you. Some days, cops can RP, some days cops can not. I have seen some moments where people are tased while they are driving their quad bike. 

I do not understand how driving a strider inside sydney, is considered trolling? 

However, the change in illegal truck missions should have  a cooldown for each person. So once you complete a mission, the cooldown of 30 minutes should start. This will stop the lag by them and stop the trolls that I have dealt before with 3 people accepted truck missions 3 times. 

Edited by Shrood

Leopard    7

@Shrood

Please explain to me the RP in a bank? Yes sure. Cops are playing the role of cops, and the robbers are playing the role of robbers. But hey its just a big shoot out with half an incentive.

As you mentioned; The ONLY rp most rebels try is police hostages. I can tell you now, cops arent in that slot to be a hostage all day, sure they should be surrendering when they know they have no chance. 

But I think you guys have to demonstrate to police that if they taken hostage you arent going to take up an hour of thier time being fuck wits, show rebels can be good hostage takers RP it out the whole time and in the ens have another good RP session with the negotiations with the police.

* JUST MY OPINION *

With love!

Mr. Snow Leopard

// See ya on wastie //

Exodius    105

Heres a simply soloution, rebels come play cop for a day and see the struggles and the out numbering firepower they have against the cops, even when its just pubslots on and they take advantage of that

Zorgain    482

Its really hard being cop and rebels just sitting in Sydney just to kill us I lose about 500k Worth of gear a day, But in between that there's really good roleplay. Like I said hopefully this taser rule fixes the "Roleplay Issue" For rebels and what not. Altis Life is basically Wasteland with rules.

Leopard    7

The rules are loose, but the punishments are harsh. 

Simple resolution; Declarations must me made via direct communication unless both partys are in a vehicle. Using the message system to declare when no vehicles are involved is RDM.

After all, we arent playing the roll of an iPad are we?

Another thing another server did was this; in order for any robbing or killing of police, must have had a Raid called. (Had to call numbers i.e. Raid on Sydney 5 people) Now this stops all the panic of cops just getting murdered in Sydney with a minimal declaration, there is a 30 minute cool down between the ending of one raid and the start of a new one. Now, the activities of what rebels do at this time is up to them. 

Example, if they want to rob the bank, they have to call a raid of they wanna kill the responding police, if they wanna enter the city and kill cops just for a rampage, they have to give their numbers and let the police know they are present. 

In my opinion this will better the Rp for cops in citites meaning they can actually patrol and enjoy them self with out 150 9.3mm rounds fired at them!

Also, another thing I have seen else where was, sending police dispatch messages gave the grid refrence it was sent from. I.e. police dispatch from; Roger Purple 

Grid refrence; 033184 

Message;

Its a small thing, but trust me. It makes a diffrence and is very beneficial.

With love!

Mr. Snow Leopard

// See ya round yall $$ bill //

Bonez    167

14 hours ago, Mr. Snow Leopard said:

I didnt even have to read the whole thing, 

As someone with over 1,500 hours on cop from another server. I know what he is said is completely true. 

Every server is the same. 

// Note these are rebel mis-conceptions and commonly made accusations from rebel forces.

1. Cops use lethal too much

This is stringly opinionated due to the highly armed rebels this server has compared to others.

2. Cops always have the 'advantage'

Again debate-able, cops have a duty to eliminate rebels, rebels choose to fight cops. 

3. Cops 'never' roleplay

Often rebels who are only ever known to attempt to kill cops when ever they see them, pull this card. Straight forward, the only RP a rebel sees is a cop hostage of a cop dead. Not what a cop wants, a cop wants (should) a traffic stop without being declared on. Overtime if Police are constantly shot at/killed they just adapt. Lowerer their RP standards and fight back. Valueing their life completly. 

4. Cops cant shoot back

Rebel shoot cop. Win win! 

Cop shoot rebel, aww you lethal to much (cleveland voice, from thr cleveland show).

There are many more I could list,

Every server is the same. Just remember also a rebel can get the gear of what a lieutenant constantly where as more then 50% of police have a fire-power dis-adcantage from square one. 

Rebels never understand that cops aren-t better off after all.

With love!

Mr. Snow Leopard

// See ya around //

*Sent from mobile*

Couldn't agree more @Mr. Snow Leopard As Captain of the Altis Police Force I use more Non-Lethal force then i do lethal there are quite a few people who play as other factions that find themselves getting knocked down by myself more so then being killed. Unless we are already going into a fire fight or my back is up against a wall I don't switch to lethal rounds. There are a lot of players that enjoy the RP after being arrested @TrueBlue and His SP boys, @Alienware, @denis and the list goes on. There are a few players that i take into my interrogation chamber from time to time (Depending on the extent of their crimes and associations) and the RP goes a step further. KOS on rebels inside city limits is not always a bad thing but only for the reason that you don't know what their intentions are i.e they could come in and pick on civs just robbing them for cash kidneys and whatever else running around in gillies avoiding thermals picking people off with a sniper rifle and TWS doing this and rolling into ANY city IRL with such heavy gear reason or no reason will get you KOS no questions asked. However i do believe that they should they should be tazed/restrained when they can be caught off guard or if you are in a position to do so while VALUING YOUR OWN LIFE + The lives of the Altis citizens. People often forget that the Police have to protect their own lives + an average of 8-12 other officers and additional to that and average of 40-50 citizens. Even a simple police chase has many flip sides and scenarios depending on who the player is being chased - 1. The player will get out and RP, 2. The player will stop and dome every cop in sight, 3. Cops will be baited past a location and get lit up by associated parties the police then have to try and predict which of these things the player/players will do and act on it, 9/10 times scenario 2 and 3 happen. Also there is the balance of numbers with the exception of off peak times the police are always out numbered and most civs are armed in addition to rebel gangs and cartels. When they go up against 4 pub slots with tazers and are "winning" it's fun and games but then when situations get foiled and the win is not always one sided some people don't like it but as is with all battles not one side always wins. If police went to helpdesk every time someone broke a rule or failed RP players would be spending more time in helpdesk then in game. Instead they cop it on the chin, no comp and play on, bring on the RP from ALL FACTIONS including police side we all want it! that's why we are here. Police incentive is not to always kill because fines and arrests is how they make their money it is just unfortunate that they do not always get the chance to do this because of actions players CHOOSE to make. I feel for the rebels and civs that want to RP with the cops and may not always get the opportunity to do so on the other side also when the police want to RP with rebels they can not because of the never ending cycle mentioned. It's not about taking away lethals or weapons and not about continually changing rules it is about taking ownership for the actions and choices we make in game and understanding that every action has a re-action and results in a consequence of some kind.

Edited by masinite
    • Like 2

denis    132

Couldn't agree more @Mr. Snow Leopard As Captain of the Altis Police Force I use more Non-Lethal force then i do lethal there are quite a few people who play as other factions that find themselves getting knocked down by myself more so then being killed. Unless we are already going into a fire fight or my back is up against a wall I don't switch to lethal rounds. There are a lot of players that enjoy the RP after being arrested @TrueBlue and His SP boys, @Alienware, @denis and the list goes on. There are a few players that i take into my interrogation chamber from time to time (Depending on the extent of their crimes and associations) and the RP goes a step further. KOS on rebels inside city limits is not always a bad thing but only for the reason that you don't know what their intentions are i.e they could come in and pick on civs just robbing them for cash kidneys and whatever else running around in gillies avoiding thermals picking people off with a sniper rifle and TWS doing this and rolling into ANY city IRL with such heavy gear reason or no reason will get you KOS no questions asked. However i do believe that they should they should be tazed/restrained when they can be caught off guard or if you are in a position to do so while VALUING YOUR OWN LIFE + The lives of the Altis citizens. People often forget that the Police have to protect their own lives + an average of 8-12 other officers and additional to that and average of 40-50 citizens. Even a simple police chase has many flip sides and scenarios depending on who the player is being chased - 1. The player will get out and RP, 2. The player will stop and dome every cop in sight, 3. Cops will be baited past a location and get lit up by associated parties the police then have to try and predict which of these things the player/players will do and act on it, 9/10 times scenario 2 and 3 happen. Also there is the balance of numbers with the exception of off peak times the police are always out numbered and most civs are armed in addition to rebel gangs and cartels. When they go up against 4 pub slots with tazers and are "winning" it's fun and games but then when situations get foiled and the win is not always one sided some people don't like it but as is with all battles not one side always wins. If police went to helpdesk every time someone broke a rule or failed RP players would be spending more time in helpdesk then in game. Instead they cop it on the chin, no comp and play on, bring on the RP from ALL FACTIONS including police side we all want it! that's why we are here. Police incentive is not to always kill because fines and arrests is how they make their money it is just unfortunate that they do not always get the chance to do this because of actions players CHOOSE to make. I feel for the rebels and civs that want to RP with the cops and may not always get the opportunity to do so on the other side also when the police want to RP with rebels they can not because of the never ending cycle mentioned. It's not about taking away lethals or weapons and not about continually changing rules it is about taking ownership for the actions and choices we make in game ans understanding that every action has a re-action and results in a consequence of some kind.

I agree
    • Like 1

denis    132
    46 minutes ago, Mr. Snow Leopard said:

Simple resolution; Declarations must me made via direct communication unless both partys are in a vehicle. Using the message system to declare when no vehicles are involved is RDM.

Another thing another server did was this; in order for any robbing or killing of police, must have had a Raid called. (Had to call numbers i.e. Raid on Sydney 5 people) Now this stops all the panic of cops just getting murdered in Sydney with a minimal declaration, there is a 30 minute cool down between the ending of one raid and the start of a new one. Now, the activities of what rebels do at this time is up to them. 

Example, if they want to rob the bank, they have to call a raid of they wanna kill the responding police, if they wanna enter the city and kill cops just for a rampage, they have to give their numbers and let the police know they are present. 

In my opinion this will better the Rp for cops in citites meaning they can actually patrol and enjoy them self with out 150 9.3mm rounds fired at them!

Also, another thing I have seen else where was, sending police dispatch messages gave the grid refrence it was sent from. I.e. police dispatch from; Roger Purple 

Grid refrence; 033184 

Message;

With love!

Mr. Snow Leopard

Grid Refrences are good to use but when you got people that are learning.

denis    132
    2 hours ago, S.Sanders said:

Heres a simply soloution, rebels come play cop for a day and see the struggles and the out numbering firepower they have against the cops, even when its just pubslots on and they take advantage of that

True we should do that soemtime

Leopard    7

Spam that post count.

Grid references give the police some idea where they are get declared on from as some times it can be completely random.

Rebels will never understand until they play cop against rebels.

56 minutes ago, Mr. Snow Leopard said:

Grid refrence; 033184 

Message;

Opinions on this ^^^^

@Roger Purple @Spectral

With love!
    Mr. Snow Leopard

2muchKFC    3

Hi All

The roles we play and difference between factions will always be argued. Its a system put in place to create a RP environment. IRL the government/COPS, SRT what ever you like to call it will always have it geared in there favor. If you look at it on a population basis it needs to be this way. Otherwise Anarchy would rule and there would be nothing to govern.

Risk vs Reward in my opinion why would you gear up to fight police with such expensive gear, for what? there is no monetary value to it. 

REBELS

• Play smarter, don't wear rebel gear and you wont be hassled. Striders / Illegal items draw attention in Sydney there is 95% Map not patrolled you can use for that.
    • Come into Sydney for more than just bank or killing Cops. RP a market sale for discounted items etc... drag racing etc, then when pulled over or caught RP it. You can always PAY the ticket.
    • When you have been caught and arrested RP it rather than the salty  "just send me to jail" 
    • COPS should be able to do a traffic stop, without getting Declared on.

COPS 

• Have a back ground story, mine is a kebab shop owner.
    • I and the captains have been reinforcing to "ALL" the importance to apprehend the rebels alive rather than dead. I don't care if they have killed 2 cops "IF" the situation permits us to, use team work and non lethal.
    • Process minor crimes on scene, we don't always have to take them back to PD.

Everyone: Lets look to our own mistakes rather than always trying to find the fault in others.

Keep up with the Fed back.

Thanks

KFC

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Snow Leopard said:

Grid refrence; 033184 

Message;

With love!

Mr. Snow Leopard

Direct communication is a good thing to declare, but the problem is, you have to go close to the person and get a declaration. If you are looking from  hill of weed field, using direct won't help and so side chat does give this option. However, the problem about side is people know where you are and can technically dec on you while ur in active dec with someone, which is why there is a new rule called "something" not sure what its called and it says, civs arent allowed to be part of the situation if they arent in the situation. Other words, third party. 

Keeping cop hostage gives police more fun. But the problem is why there are no fun in sydney cause of the rule "All rebels kos." 

Leopard    7

Yes, I believe that comes under the Value for Life rule, not putting your self into dangerous situations. Which I like, but seems impossible to actually enforce.

The point of making people have to use direct is so there is some face to face RP, Not just sitting 1km out emailing them.

@Shrood

With love!
    Mr. Snow Leopard

// Seee ya on Wasteland //

denis    132
    1 hour ago, Mr. Snow Leopard said:

Opinions on this ^^^^

@Roger Purple @Spectral

With love!
    Mr. Snow Leopard

it is not the same now. now you got codes, now no one is gonna gives grid refrences like 10-20=location

Edited by denis

denis    132
    On 11/05/2016 at 4:14 PM, 2muchKFC said:

Hi All

The roles we play and difference between factions will always be argued. Its a system put in place to create a RP environment. IRL the government/COPS, SRT what ever you like to call it will always have it geared in there favor. If you look at it on a population basis it needs to be this way. Otherwise Anarchy would rule and there would be nothing to govern.

Risk vs Reward in my opinion why would you gear up to fight police with such expensive gear, for what? there is no monetary value to it. 

REBELS

• Play smarter, don't wear rebel gear and you wont be hassled. Striders / Illegal items draw attention in Sydney there is 95% Map not patrolled you can use for that.
    • Come into Sydney for more than just bank or killing Cops. RP a market sale for discounted items etc... drag racing etc, then when pulled over or caught RP it. You can always PAY the ticket.
    • When you have been caught and arrested RP it rather than the salty  "just send me to jail" 
    • COPS should be able to do a traffic stop, without getting Declared on.

COPS 

• Have a back ground story, mine is a kebab shop owner.
    • I and the captains have been reinforcing to "ALL" the importance to apprehend the rebels alive rather than dead. I don't care if they have killed 2 cops "IF" the situation permits us to, use team work and non lethal.
    • Process minor crimes on scene, we don't always have to take them back to PD.

Everyone: Lets look to our own mistakes rather than always trying to find the fault in others.

Keep up with the Fed back.

Thanks

KFC

True SuperIntendent 2MuchKFC

Zorgain    482

Well cops just need to remember before killing someone that, that is about 300k of a fine they could get if they could taze or knock down. I think knock downs for lower ranks would add some more roleplay to the cop force.

Spectral    1342

They have Tazer. Knockdown is $7500 a 30 clip but I carry the MX SW, 4 clips knock down and 3 100 clips 

Ranks that are lower should be in the CBD partnered up, not really in a spot they need long range MX knockdowns.

SDAR is the tool for them, and ANY gun, or decision to use it should be weighed. Is it's a cop decision or an ego thing?

Zorgain    482
    1 hour ago, Spectral said:

They have Tazer. Knockdown is $7500 a 30 clip but I carry the MX SW, 4 clips knock down and 3 100 clips 

Ranks that are lower should be in the CBD partnered up, not really in a spot they need long range MX knockdowns.

SDAR is the tool for them, and ANY gun, or decision to use it should be weighed. Is it's a cop decision or an ego thing?

Even maybe put the price down, I see a lot of people complaining and saying it's not fair we don't roleplay make knock downs cheaper and real mags $7500 Then you will get more roleplay and less killing or just some serious lethal gun training for the whitelist. But it comes down to Who?, Where?, When?

voidy    12

its not a matter of making knock downs cheaper its just a matter there are some people out there who sometimes just say fuck il just kill the guy and be done with it another factor is that some people play to much and get pissed off easily so they dont want to RP. another factor there are a few people who love the RP and then you get the people who know the rules and dont care so they fail RP by combat logging or just trolling so its not a matter of fixing the cop force its a matter of finding more people who are willing to RP who dont care if they get killed or if they loose a rebel load out and shit like that

Edited by voidy

Spectral    1342
    28 minutes ago, voidy said:

its not a matter of making knock downs cheaper its just a matter there are some people out there who sometimes just say fuck il just kill the guy and be done with it another factor is that some people play to much and get pissed off easily so they dont want to RP. another factor there are a few people who love the RP and then you get the people who know the rules and dont care so they fail RP by combat logging or just trolling so its not a matter of fixing the cop force its a matter of finding more people who are willing to RP who dont care if they get killed or if they loose a rebel loud out and shit like that

2-3 guys, or more, shoot out, lethals.

On GD/traffic stop, one guy with a gun, knockdowns 

In a chase, knockdowns.

At all times .45 ACP locked and loaded in the holster.