Volgograd

Stores Being Blocked

Volgograd    0

Here's my two cents on an issue that's been bugging me for a while and quite a few people I play casually with or meet in the wasteland server,

There are no current rules or guidelines in place for Stores. In wasteland its completely understandable that stores are hot spots for player activity, firefights and the occasional base or two. But I feel as if it's un-fair to have access to a store completely blocked off that isn't being used a base. Prime example and the reason for this post is the general store to the south of Camp Rogain is routinely blocked off to all outside access whilst Opfor and the vast array of firepower that accompany them lay waste to anyone that goes near. Now, I'm not saying that camping a store is unfair, even if the ratio of Opfor the Blufor is something like 5/10-20/30 in Opfors favour, but to have player majority like that, and have the resources of all the players pulled together, coupled with indies that like to do the same or lone wolfs who camp the stores make it very difficult for Blufor and Indie players to access the stores. The last part of those examples are something I feel shouldn't change because its a challenge to have to fight to get to a store but when you add those factors ontop of Opfor turning most of the Gun, General and vehicle stores into havens creates a very big gap in the rest of the servers ability to fight back. 

In most wasteland servers I played on prior to A3 it was against most of the servers rules to build near a base so I don't feel as if what Im suggesting is something to big of a ask, just for non wasteland staff to consider implementing framework because trying to get geared up for half an hour to an hour because the majority of the stores are controlled does not make for a good experience if you don't join a large indie group or Opfor.

• bailzorking    17

I dont know what to say that doesnt sound insulting like "get good" to the comment of needing a large indi group. 2 man groups can survive a full night and top leader boards against opfor. 

I do agree general stores shouldn't be blocked off but my tip is...dont go to rogain general. Go to girna. Bls will give you safe passage for a fee.

• Like 1

Links    336

it is wastelands.

yes since our last update we removed two vehicle stores, moved one gunstore 200 meters away from the airfield to stop airfield being camped , moved one general store into a more easily defendable base (which i have seen no player or group do yet)

the ATM  at the south gunstore is going to be moved and placing a 50-100 meter anti build area around rogain is in serious talk between wasteland mods and admins due to the fact on most night there can be 13 opfor sitting there teamkilling and stealing each others gear and only killing fresh spawns with pistols which brings no help to the team .

and @John Paul has been testing teambalance script for a update coming soon

Unit_3397    712

On 18/05/2016 at 9:54 AM, bailzorking said:

Will the team balance affect inde players?

I have my doubts, as indie is not team orientated.