Gotenks

Benefits of Exercise/Cons of Fast food

Gotenks    497

Ive been asked a few times about the benefits of exercising so ive decided to make a post about it instead. I think it could help anyone and everyone if you are interested.

So coming from someone who is underweight for my age and height. 52kg at age 20 and 170cm. I get criticised alot and not taken seriously. But thing is it comes down to genetics.
My genetics suck and Ive learnt to live with it. There are things in life you can try and change or modified and things in life that can be changed.
Genetics and some medical diseases-Diabetes Type 1 for example. You are born with it, but you can modify your life to help that. 
Things like Coronary Artery Disease is something in your life that can be changed. Coronary Artery Disease is plaque build up in the Coronary Arteries(transfers blood to the heart), Eventually this can cause a Heart attack if it gets to the point where your Coronary Arteries are completely blocked. Plaque is from saturated fats, high cholestrol etc from Fast foods or fatty foods. 

All fatty/fast foods that are greasy and taste good are the ones that have the most impact on you and your body. By all means eat them if you please, but you will hit an age where it starts to take a toll on your body without you even knowing about it. 

Benefits of Exercise
Exercise isn't just hitting the gym or running 5kms. Its movement. Its parking further away from your work or the shops and walking. Walking at least 20 minutes a day at a decent pace can improve your ability to lose weight(if thats what your looking at doing, just an example). Without movement, your body cant function properly and your muscle wont work properly either. Sitting down most of the day results in weaker muscles and shortened muscles which can cause injuries. 

Exercising has many Benefits.
Increasing things like Flexibility(dont think of it like yoga or things like that) Flexibility is your muscles ability to work. Flexibility=Mobility.
Exercising increases the ability for your heart to pump blood to muscles and organs increasing functionality of organs and your body. 
Exercising Decreases chances of Heart attack or failure. Decreases chances of many many diseases which can have such a big effect on your overall life span. 
Exercising increases Muscle mass and Muscle Strength and bone density=Stronger muscles and Stronger Bones.

ALSO IT CAN BE FUN FOR ALL AGES. 

There are so so so many Benefits to Exercising whether its just going for a walk or hitting the gym.
Just some main points that I could think of at 8am in the morning just woken up. If you are interested comment below if you have any questions or just give it a read and take it into account.

Ive seen and heard incredible things from people who had given up Fast Food or started exercising no matter the age, you can always change things in your life or modify them to suit you better. 

I hope you guys understand this and can make a change if you need. 

By all means comment below, ask questions and so forth. But this is just a taste of what you can do with your life.
(no intention to pick on anyone or hurt peoples feelings, if this has please let me know and i will get it removed.)

Edited by Gotenks
  • Like 3

• Leopard    7

<<<< This dude needs to take Goten's advice...

I enjoy cycling and am capable at riding for a long time over long distances at a good pace. (i.e. 40km in a hour and 20-30/40 (cruise)).

It never really seems to burn weight though....

I will be honest, I think diet is the next step,

Drinking like 3 litres of milk is kinda bad as I discovered after about 12 years of drinking that much....

Edited by Leopard

Gotenks    497
    13 minutes ago, Leopard said:

<<<< This dude needs to take Goten's advice...

I enjoy cycling and am capable at riding for a long time over long distances at a good pace. (i.e. 40km in a hour and 20-30/40 (cruise)).

It never really seems to burn weight though....

I will be honest, I think diet is the next step,

Drinking like 3 litres of milk is kinda bad as I discovered after about 12 years of drinking that much....

Holy geez. Yeah you shouldn't drink so much milk. It can impact on your chemicals in your body. You should be drinking 2-3L of water and like a glass of milk every day or 2 days. Sounds to me you need to change it up. Do like intervals instead.
    Slow ride-comfortable speed for like 1 min
    Fast ride- 1 min
     and repeat. 
    You burn weight more efficiently if you are doing intervals. like High Intensity Interval Training.
    Diet is what makes and breaks you. Like i said if you are eating junk foods/fast food its absorbed quicker and turned into fat. 
    If you are really into cycling over running, your best bet is to just google ways to lose weight on a bike. Running is a bit easier to explain. 
    But sounds to me that your at a Plateau and for you to adapt and change you must expose yourself to something different. (progressive overloading)

Your Cardiovascular system seems to be in good tact. Your very fit if you can stick to a good pace over long distance. But losing weight you need to change it up a bit. Probably a better way to explain would be:
    Cruise speed for an amount of time or distance and then increase it by 10km/h for a time or distance, then back to cruise and repeat.

Edited by Gotenks
    extra information
    • Like 1

vizzN    375

I feel that diet is just that bit more important than exercise, obviously a combination of both will make your goals happen faster though. 

For weight loss, it is good to set a particular calorie consumption you aim to hit each day. Counting calories can be daunting, so there are many apps that do it for you. The MyFitness app allows you to type in what you ate and it will do the rest for you. You can also use this app to calculate what number of calories you should be consuming each day to loose weight. For example, you may consume 1700 calories in one day but your target is to only consume 1400 calories to lose weight. So you would also exercise and burn 300 calories to meet your target. 

With exercise, a lot of people give up within the first 1-2 weeks because of the pain. It's the people who make it past the first couple of weeks who will succeed with their goals. 

Edited by vizzN

Gotenks    497
    23 minutes ago, vizzN said:

I feel that diet is just that bit more important than exercise, obviously a combination of both will make your goals happen faster though. 

For weight loss, it is good to set a particular calorie consumption you aim to hit each day. Counting calories can be daunting, so there are many apps that do it for you. The MyFitness app allows you to type in what you ate and it will do the rest for you. You can also use this app to calculate what number of calories you should be consuming each day to loose weight. For example, you may consume 1700 calories in one day but your target is to only consume 1400 calories to lose weight. So you would also exercise and burn 300 calories to meet your target. 

With exercise, a lot of people give up within the first 1-2 weeks because of the pain. It's the people who make it past the first couple of weeks who will succeed with their goals. 

Yeah agreed. Tracking your calories is the worst part, unless you are taking supplements most the time or something. 
    20% work 80% diet. Thats with gaining and losing. Also being consistent is a big one and knowing how to change up your scheme of exercising promotes new stimuli for the muscles. Another thing PT's are there for. 

"With exercise, a lot of people give up within the first 1-2 weeks because of the pain. It's the people who make it past the first couple of weeks who will succeed with their goals." This is where I come in as a PT and motivate them. We call this the Honeymoon week(s) where they enjoy it the first 2-4 weeks. Things start to hurt after that and they cant handle it. But the reason they hurt is DOMS and there body isn't used to it. I use being sore as a positive. Being sore is a sign of a Good workout, means your body is growing. For your body to grow, it must heal and repair. 

Brodie    776

You could also say Yolo and go and get yourself this cheeky deal!

20150808-KFC.jpg

• Like 2

Envy    649
    2 minutes ago, Brodie said:

You could also say Yolo and go and get yourself this cheeky deal!

20150808-KFC.jpg

That's my kind of diet m8

• Like 1