shift597

Teamspeak Changes?

shift597    178

Hey Guys,

I am looking at changing the arrangement of Teamspeak channels for the I&A section of the Strayagaming teamspeak but wanted to run my ideas by the community as well as here some of your ideas as well. 

Currently we have 14 public channels in the I&A teamspeak but as all of you know, the pilot channel is the only one that people tend to use. The original design of the teamspeak was to ensure coordination between pilots, infantry and armoured units but in my experience this design has never worked and everyone just ends up in the pilot channel. I believe this is because pilots need to be on teamspeak (obviously) and then other players come on the TS, see where everyone else is and want to join the party. Now this has been this way for a very long time and I dont think much can be done to change that. The only way that would change if we made the pilots channel a locked channel, and an admin would have to drag you in which would be fiddly and annoying.

All I would like to change at the moment is the channels above the pilots. I want to get rid of all of them. We could then add 3 Ground Force channels, 1 side mission channel and 1 server event channel underneath the pilots channel. I think its silly that the pilots are at the bottom and its the one that gets used the most. So basically it would look like this:

Invade and Annex:

Pilots :

Transport/Air Defence/ CAS:

Waiting for pilot slot:

Waiting for CAS:

Ground Force:

Alpha:

Bravo:

Charlie:

Side mission:

Server Event Channel:

Pilots:

Infantry:

Now you'll notice there is a new channel in there (waiting for cas). I want to introduce this because im sick of seeing pilots waiting for cas at its spawn. From now on if an admin or moderator sees a pilot waiting for a plane to spawn for any amount of time its an instant kick from the server and a loss of your pilot slot (if someone is waiting in the queue). The way its going to work is that pilots will queue for the CAS and every time that cas is destroyed it moves to the next person in the queue.

I would also like to introduce a new role for players, being the Air Traffic Controller (ATC). I dont really think we need a new slot for it in the server but i would like to get a teamspeak tag organised for it which would have to be something you would apply for on the forums. The reason I would like there to be an application process is because I want to give this person further responsibilities than the rest of the players, for instance I would like them to manage both queues (Pilot slot and CAS) which would take a load off us admins. The introduction of this would also increase coordination in the pilot channel as well as 'on topic' chat in the pilot channel which has also been a problem lately. Having someone constantly talking about the mission in the channel would keep everyone focused I think.

Anyway thats about it so let me know what you think

• Like 6

• Nova    1779

for the ground force channels keep atleast 2 armor slots. like the tracked and wheeled ones and it should be good some people do use them

Rogmantosh    242

You both make valid points and I do agree. Lets clear it up. 
    ATC... yes for the reasons you have mentioned but ATC's in game can be annoying especially in peak periods if they are not fully paying attention.

• Like 3

Ora209    142
    19 hours ago, Rogmantosh said:

You both make valid points and I do agree. Lets clear it up. 
    ATC... yes for the reasons you have mentioned but ATC's in game can be annoying especially in peak periods if they are not fully paying attention.

@shift597 jumped in teamspeak and was saying that we should apply for the position, that way we can work out the worms. I for one would love to have the ATC and when I jump in ATC the amount crash incidents have reduced because of the organisation.