Super Wookie

Artillery Tanks

Super Wookie    15

I would love to see the implementation of the Sochor, Sandstorm, and Scorcher into wasteland. They could either be exclusively available in rare and hard missions (e.g protected by an IFV and infantry AI), or you could make them as expensive as a Wipeout in the vehicle store, only purchasable at one store (e.g Air Station Mike), and show up on the map similar to high value targets. If they were easy to hunt down and destroy, as well as being expensive, people would be less likely to use them and they wouldn't become OP.

• Like 1

• Mozkelby    379

The reason they're not in there is the exact reason we put the mortars up to 200k (now down to 100k). Tanks that use long-range MLRS systems are incredibly overpowered on a small island such as Stratis, and could cause devastation to the opposing team if you program the artillery computer to strike the right area. On all of those vehicles, from the artillery computer, you are able to strike the entire island from one place (and way beyond, for that matter.) Park it next to an ammo truck and you've got the full set. Another thing to factor in is the size of the rounds. 230mm of freedom (sandstorm) is what you'd see taking down whole building blocks - to put that into perspective, the mortar uses 82mm rounds.

20161018152509_1.jpg

If they were implemented, I'd estimate the price to be upwards of 200k, and/or perhaps disabling the artillery computer.

Edited by Mozkelby
    Could also disable artillery computer.
    • Like 4

MadHackz    68
    8 minutes ago, Mozkelby said:

The reason they're not in there is the exact reason we put the mortars up to 200k (now down to 100k). Tanks that use long-range MLRS systems are incredibly overpowered on a small island such as Stratis, and could cause devastation to the opposing team if you program the artillery computer to strike the right area. On all of those vehicles, from the artillery computer, you are able to strike the entire island from one place (and way beyond, for that matter.) Park it next to an ammo truck and you've got the full set. Another thing to factor in is the size of the rounds. 230mm of freedom (sandstorm) is what you'd see taking down whole building blocks - to put that into perspective, the mortar uses 82mm rounds.

20161018152509_1.jpg

If they were implemented, I'd estimate the price to be upwards of 200k.

Couldn't you just disable to artillery computer? Thats what they do on KOTH.

• Like 3

Mozkelby    379
    3 minutes ago, MadHackz said:

Couldn't you just disable to artillery computer? Thats what they do on KOTH.

That could work.

Edited by Mozkelby
    • Like 3

MadHackz    68
    40 minutes ago, Super Wookie said:

How would they be aimed without the artillery computer? Would it just be trial and error until you hit the location you're shooting for? Even so, they'd still be pretty cool :D

you have to calculate the elevation and probably have a spotter as well.

• Like 3

Links    336
    On 10/17/2016 at 0:41 PM, Super Wookie said:

I would love to see the implementation of the Sochor, Sandstorm, and Scorcher into wasteland. They could either be exclusively available in rare and hard missions (e.g protected by an IFV and infantry AI), or you could make them as expensive as a Wipeout in the vehicle store, only purchasable at one store (e.g Air Station Mike), and show up on the map similar to high value targets. If they were easy to hunt down and destroy, as well as being expensive, people would be less likely to use them and they wouldn't become OP.

i have used a sandstorm beside a ammo truck on stratis before and i killed 103 people in less then 30 mins, the range and damage they do is broken

• Like 2

CeeFar    585
    19 hours ago, Super Wookie said:

How would they be aimed without the artillery computer? Would it just be trial and error until you hit the location you're shooting for? Even so, they'd still be pretty cool :D

You might not realise, but there's actually hotkeys to change the height/elevation of your barrel, and it actually takes a good amount of maths to get it all right.

• Like 1

james122004    9

And if you know how to use the elevation keys, they work awesome as a tank too :) infantry running at you, Load AP Mines, vehicles, Load AT mines.

For the arsenal they have, they are very deadly, and very OP even without the artillery computer.

That's why on I&A they only allow 8x rounds, per a AO.

Super Wookie    15
    3 hours ago, Links said:

i have used a sandstorm beside a ammo truck on stratis before and i killed 103 people in less then 30 mins, the range and damage they do is broken

Is there no way to limit how the ammo trucks work? Such as you can only use them once every 15 minutes or something?

1 hour ago, james122004 said:

And if you know how to use the elevation keys, they work awesome as a tank too :) infantry running at you, Load AP Mines, vehicles, Load AT mines.

For the arsenal they have, they are very deadly, and very OP even without the artillery computer.

That's why on I&A they only allow 8x rounds, per a AO.

I think they'd have a hard time acting as a tank on Wasteland though, since everyone and their mother runs around with a titan.

Edited by Super Wookie