Adolf

6 Suggestions for wasteland

Adolf    42

Here are my list of suggestions for wasteland.

1. Implement a better scoreboard. Something along the lines where players can see their total overall kills, deaths and a k/d for the server. Wasteland is a huge deathmatch and i think that something like this would be great as players might work towards a goal. The number displaying the total team members next to opfor e.t.c is also a great idea, would help with team balancing.

20170206152503_1.jpg

2. Mortars are starting to become an issue again as the price has dropped. Now, this wouldn't be an issue IF gun stores didn't show when people were active in the area. If you remove the active area so the enemy cannot see if an enemy is at another gunstore, then its fair play. Since you can see when an enemy is active in a gunstore they just get constantly bombed. I think mortars should have a substantial price increase and admins should limit the amount that can be used at one time. i.e. 4 opfor using mortars is just ridiculous. 

3. Players should be limited to 2 un-maned stompers at a time. I think this explains it self why.

4. Implement pilot slots or limit the amount of jets allowed at one time. say 2 per team. Unless you are in the pilot slot you will get ejected from the jet seat. 20170206152842_1.jpg

5. More starting money and gear. Wasteland is a deathmatch it shouldn't be focused around money so much. I believe 5k starting would be a better start as it would allow a player to at least buy a gun, vest and backpack. Maybe get rid of the pistol and implement a rifle again. I think players should also be able to spawn in with at least binoculars and a vest if you want to stick to the starting weapon being a pistol. 

6. Vehicle locks. This would get rid of a few problems where team mates steal other peoples vehicles and/or hop in and waste ammo. 

• Like 1

• Adolf    42

If you guys want to check out how that pilot slot should work try it out on the trailer park server at 74.91.126.121:2302 if you buy a jet and try to hop in it and you're not in a pilot slot it ejects you. Very handy in keeping only 2 dedicated pilots up. 

Links    336
    20 hours ago, Adolf said:

4. Implement pilot slots or limit the amount of jets allowed at one time. say 2 per team. Unless you are in the pilot slot you will get ejected from the jet seat. 

5. More starting money and gear. Wasteland is a deathmatch it shouldn't be focused around money so much. I believe 5k starting would be a better start as it would allow a player to at least buy a gun, vest and backpack. Maybe get rid of the pistol and implement a rifle again. I think players should also be able to spawn in with at least binoculars and a vest if you want to stick to the starting weapon being a pistol. 

6. Vehicle locks. This would get rid of a few problems where team mates steal other peoples vehicles and/or hop in and waste ammo. 

Pilot slots, YES and NO, it could work i'm honestly not interested in shuffling around people who want a jet EG: i have to contact player in current slot talk to them, they aren't in jet i have to kick them, next player moves into slot first player comes back starts getting shitty because they were "Getting a drink" whatever

more starting money, No, Wasteland is a deathmatch it has a currency which lets people who gather that money buy guns/gear/MBT/Helis and jets. if you want to spawn with gear you should have to earn it No Risk No Reward, 2k spawn lets you get the best vest and biggest bag and GPS or Mk200, one 200 belt and a charge or Ak and a few mags. 

changing the spawn weapon is very tricky 90% of the time when a player dies the first thing they do is try get the best respawn to get back to their body. (as i am writing this there is 79 beacons on the map) giving that player a more powerful weapon other then a pistol is a bad idea. the current pistol with suppressor is a test the wasteland team is always seeing how it goes. i have been killed many times at 100m+ with the pistol with full bullet body armour and helmet.

if you are looking to get a rifle when you spawn, beacon timers will be increased by alot aswell as spawn area zones.

Vehicle locks is on the new wasteland script that will come when we change over.

I'd like to thank you @Adolf for the feedback it helps us alot, currently we are looking at team balancing and how much money comes into the server via missions and how we can change it before the bank wipe.

Edited by Links
    • Like 1

Adolf    42
    13 minutes ago, Links said:

Pilot slots, YES and NO, it could work i'm honestly not interested in shuffling around people who want a jet EG: i have to contact player in current slot talk to them, they aren't in jet i have to kick them, next player moves into slot first player comes back starts getting shitty because they were "Getting a drink" whatever

more starting money, No, Wasteland is a deathmatch it has a currency which lets people who gather that money buy guns/gear/MBT/Helis and jets. if you want to spawn with gear you should have to earn it No Risk No Reward, 2k spawn lets you get the best vest and biggest bag and GPS or Mk200, one 200 belt and a charge or Ak and a few mags. 

changing the spawn weapon is very tricky 90% of the time when a player dies the first thing they do is try get the best respawn to get back to their body. (as i am writing this there is 79 beacons on the map) giving that player a more powerful weapon other then a pistol is a bad idea. the current pistol with suppressor is a test the wasteland team is always seeing how it goes. i have been killed many times at 100m+ with the pistol with full bullet body armour and helmet.

if you are looking to get a rifle when you spawn, beacon timers will be increased by alot aswell as spawn area zones.

Vehicle locks is on the new wasteland script that will come when we change over.

I'd like to thank you @Adolf for the feedback it helps us alot, currently we are looking at team balancing and how much money comes into the server via missions and how we can change it before the bank wipe.

True valid points, the main thing I want implemented is a new scoreboard similar to the one posted above. 

As for the jets, you don't necessarily need pilot slots maybe just enforce rules, say 2 jets per team at one time. Any more than 2 on straits is over kill.

I guess the main issue lately though is team balancing which I welcome, I just hope the script moves the last person who joined, not if you happen to die. KOTH servers used to do that and it was annoying as hell.