Adolf

King of the hill server?

Would you play on a Straya Gaming KOTH server?  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Connor.    1352

I think it has been discussed, not sure what the outcome was tho.

personally I'm not sure its worth it. They aren't the cheapest servers to host ($160ish a month for 100slots), it would be on a shared host (on a dedicated server that has loads of other game servers on it) and there is no reason for players to choose our server over the next one cause they all the same.

At least thats how i think it all goes, I know some communities have 'custom' builds but I'm not sure how they go about getting those. 

• Like 4

Nova    1779

yea not worth theres already 4 au koth servers and they are all connected to the same cloud save. or however koth works

Connor.    1352
    3 hours ago, Noordo said:

@InfamousNova your KOTH profile actually saves on your computer, thats why its so easy to hacK :D

Yea that is true, they do have a db cluster for something though.

FBI    195

All koth servers are virtually the same. Besides au already has 3 servers, plus koth is a ****fest of spawn camping jet spamming etc. I have over 250hours in koth and most of those where spent on us servers which have 110player at a time rather than 65on au

• Like 1

Red    1068

I have considered it and see almost no benefit to us of hosting one. I would have minimal control over the server and very limited access to gameplay effecting resources, not to mention the sky-high costs for hosting one.

Adolf    42
    On 06/03/2017 at 0:08 PM, Connor. said:

I think it has been discussed, not sure what the outcome was tho.

personally I'm not sure its worth it. They aren't the cheapest servers to host ($160ish a month for 100slots), it would be on a shared host (on a dedicated server that has loads of other game servers on it) and there is no reason for players to choose our server over the next one cause they all the same.

At least thats how i think it all goes, I know some communities have 'custom' builds but I'm not sure how they go about getting those. 

Good points, the need for it doesnt outweigh the price of the server cost.