The Hopelessgamer

Shark mod

Adding this small mod to the server would be incredibly cool for the treasure missions aswell as the other diving missions.

Imagine the treasure mission being surrounded by a few sharks? 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=911433699

Now i understand its a mod buts only 5 more mb on top of the current 10mb server file. its also on the workshop so it will download automatically on any pc when some one is joining so you dont need it installed b4 hand. it would be alot more immersive for the sever i think. the deeper the water the more deadly the sharks might be. they could roam around the map. 

May even be good for the RPG server, yes i know this isnt the correct forum for the RPG server but i may aswell mention it. 

@James32 @Unit_3397 @ALI @Ya Mum @Dak Commstar

Edited by The Hopelessgamer

• Nova    1779
    24 minutes ago, The Hopelessgamer said:

Now i understand its a mod buts only 5 more mb on top of the current 10mb server file. its also on the workshop so it will download automatically on any pc when some one is joining so you dont need it installed b4 hand.

this only happens if you join the server through the launcher which a lot of people dont do. plus mods arent in the missions file.

6 minutes ago, InfamousNova said:

this only happens if you join the server through the launcher which a lot of people dont do. plus mods arent in the missions file.

no it does not. i join via the launcher all the time and i do not need to re download the server. the only time you must re download it is if something has been changed such as new content has been added, removed, then it will re download it no matter how you join the server.

Nova    1779
    2 minutes ago, The Hopelessgamer said:

no it does not. i join via the launcher all the time and i do not need to re download the server. the only time you must redownload it is if something has been changed such as new content has been added or a script being changed then it will re downlaod it no matter how you join the server.

i meant the mod not the mission file. you only download the required mods for the server via the launcher not when you join ingame

4 minutes ago, InfamousNova said:

i meant the mod not the mission file. you only download the required mods for the server via the launcher not when you join ingame

ohhh ok yeah it will. if your joining via the ingame server browser im pretty sure it just adds it to the server file size if that makes sense. not sure about that bit. either way would make the diving experience alot cooler.

Nova    1779
    1 minute ago, The Hopelessgamer said:

im pretty sure it just adds it to the server file size

it doesnt. it would simply kick you from the server for not having the required mods

3 minutes ago, InfamousNova said:

it doesnt. it would simply kick you from the server for not having the required mods

well there you go. hmmm that may cause issues....

Ai diver changed into a shark model and is using a chainsaw but all be part of the one thing.
    that way you dont see the diver or chainsaw and the shark could still kill you aswell as swim around while its still serverside.

As funny as it may seem it could work. 

because the mod would need to be a requirement or you would just see your teammate die due to a unknown reason if the mod was client side and was optional. so it must either be server side or a requiement. 

Connor.    1352

the mod would have to be client side otherwise u wouldnt have the model... all animals are local too (fish, turtles, rabbits, snakes, etc), so unless this is different u wouldnt see the same sharks as ur friends anyway.

2 hours ago, Connor. said:

the mod would have to be client side otherwise u wouldnt have the model... all animals are local too (fish, turtles, rabbits, snakes, etc), so unless this is different u wouldnt see the same sharks as ur friends anyway.

there a possibility this mod could be added? 

Connor.    1352

not up to me, im just pointing out the server wouldnt even need to have this mod, it would have to be client side. and u probs wouldnt see the same sharks and other players anyway cause its all locally generated.

7 minutes ago, Connor. said:

not up to me, im just pointing out the server wouldnt even need to have this mod, it would have to be client side. and u probs wouldnt see the same sharks and other players anyway cause its all locally generated.

i think you can spawn them in specific locations just like any other AI. im not too sure. also should be able to set a path so they spawn in with the dive missions and roam a specific path and if you cross that path in viewing range from the shark then he/she would attach you. 

Unit_3397    712
    14 minutes ago, The Hopelessgamer said:

there a possibility this mod could be added? 

Unfortunately, the answer is no :( 

I've always liked the idea of having mods that implement new content on the wasteland server, but alas, they do have to be run client side. This would force everyone to download the mod or they would get kicked on entry to our server. (There are other minor complications that run with using mods as well, and after some time it can get quite annoying having to rectify these)

The only exception to this is sound mods, as they don't add additional content but simply change what you hear. 
    For any readers unaware, our server supports both Dynosound 2.0 and JSRS sound mods. 

I have to admit tho, it be pretty rad to see chainsaw wielding sharks on the server XD  

To prevent the chance of confusion for any readers,  this thread will be locked with this verdict.