decibel_spl

Nighttime Suggestion

decibel_spl    76

Gday everyone,

Just a suggestion here to change how night works in I&A:

So currently as is with how fast time is at night you only get 30mins of night on the server to what 10-12 hours (irl hours) of day? I understand that people complain about night but surely it's not thaaaat bad to only have a 1:20 ratio of night to day on the server.

Therefore I propose that either of these systems be implemented:

• The timescale of night be slowed to have at least an hour and a half of night
  • The timescale of day be increased to allow more of both night and day to a 1:4 ratio of night/day (doing it this way will make the night day cycle allowing for more of all times)
  • A simple system in which players vote it to be night allowing everyone to enjoy night or day when they want and the majority of the server gets what they want.

I personally love night and all aspects of and I'm sure there's many people that share my enjoyment of it, it's a shame that a large portion of the game is taken away.

• Like 2
  • <3 2
  • thinking3d 1

• Nova    1779
    2 hours ago, decibel_spl said:

So currently as is with how fast time is at night you only get 30mins of night

its like an hour. we recently increased it when i recommended it. personally i dont think night time should be that long but thats just me.

2 hours ago, decibel_spl said:

A simple system in which players vote it to be night allowing everyone to enjoy night or day when they want and the majority of the server gets what they want.

cant say for sure but maybe. not anytime soon since fitz is busy tho :feelsbadman:

Zombine45    177

As much as i'd be all for longer night time, i don't think it would increase player experience on the server.

M9'    169
    4 minutes ago, Zombine45 said:

i don't think it would increase player experience on the server.

How so?

As far as I'm concerned, the day/night cycle is a feature that definitely adds to the gaming experience. Whether or not what it adds is necessarily a good thing for I&A, I'm not so sure, as although it can be awesome to fight in a new visual environment when everyone is paying attention, it can also be a pain as it is more difficult to discern friend from foe. I&A is a public server, and the simple fact is that for new players, daytime is an easier visual environment to learn and have fun in.

Like many vets, I enjoy the night sky from time to time, it's just a harder sell for I&A.

• Like 2

Brodie0296    78

I personally enjoy night fighting/flying but shit it gets annoying hearing people bitch about it and asking when its going to be day again, i think what we have now is fine, besides who doesnt love fighting in the dawn/dusk light

• Like 1

i personally hate night time and for some reason always get bad frames with NV on. Even with good frames i like to be able to properly see what im shooting at without everything being green. AS it's just my opinion dont put this into account but i think that the ratio is pretty good RN. I'm always one of those people who bitch about when it's going to be day again. If your suggesting a voting system on whether to have it day or night im pretty sure the server would never have a night time. i think that the ration is pretty good now and shouldn't be changes. Again this is just my opinion with what i know. If i'm wrong about something feel free to correct me (please dont hold it against me). (:

• Seems Good 1

Connor.    1352
    11 minutes ago, marchedpack87 said:

i personally hate night time and for some reason always get bad frames with NV on.

With or without NVGs night time impacts FPS. It has to render more lightpoints (and other things i assume?) which takes a toll. I ran a test a month or so back looking into this, at midday I had 120fps and at midnight I had 95fps. I didnt move position or change direction, the only difference was the time of day.

weird thats diff with me. i always get worse frames and am sure of it. might be the settings that you have it too, i use custom settings getting every single frame i can salvage. anyways PLEASE KEEP IT THE SAME XD. Have a good one

Ishmael    5

I don't know if this'll help or not, but lets say after a reset someone can just log on set it to 6pm and turn the time scale to real time, and just let the server run. 

Leaving it to be night and mainly night ops for that reset, I'm not saying everyday or anything just like a bluemoon thing, fighting in the night looks amazing I'd be willing to record it and share some highlights if anything like this does happen. 

• thinking3d 1

Lyric    9

I think it would be a great idea, I love fighting and flying during the night. 

On 11/1/2017 at 2:04 AM, M9' said:

it can also be a pain as it is more difficult to discern friend from foe. 

Though I personally disagree with this statement, I've introduced enough people to Arma 3 that it's clear this may become a major issue for new players. 

Disregarding the newer players and frame-rate issues, it's simply a matter of personal preference and honestly most people prefer the day.

• thinking3d 1