Sign in to follow this  
TOO LONG

Raven Lift Mod

TOO LONG    0

Hi y'all.

Ive read a few threads here about the issues surrounding the permissions for MODS so excuse this thread if its a no-go but i think the Lifter Mod and a heavy lift helo would be a great addition, or maybe if there is a vanilla way of allowing helos to transport vehicles and the such to the battlefield. 

I think this would be great, a few players in game have mentioned it too.

Cheers.

P.S. 

I like the new forum look.

• Fitz    1239

Being able to lift tanks into the ao would make it too easy for whoever is in the tank and the ao would be complete before anyone else got a chance to do anything.

It's also completely unrealistic for a helicopter to be lifting a 60 tonne tank or a 30 tonne truck. 

• Like 1

Kalthramis    58
    On 1/9/2016 at 7:57 PM, Fitz said:

Being able to lift tanks into the ao would make it too easy for whoever is in the tank and the ao would be complete before anyone else got a chance to do anything.

It's also completely unrealistic for a helicopter to be lifting a 60 tonne tank or a 30 tonne truck. 

I agree with you, Fitz. But, as someone who occasionally does vehicle runs myself, it's a really boring pain in the ass when you truck out to an AO, only to have the next one be literally on the other end of the map. And god forbid the AO is 15+KM from base, and after a 20+ minute drive, you get blow up by a dumbwit firing at you on accident.

I don't have a fix-all solution, but there definitely needs to be a faster or less monotonous way to transport heavy vehicles to the AO. Whether it be using a boat, teleports to fixed positions on the map (Ex vehicle service), or helo lifting, we need something.

At the very least, being able to transport a marshal would be a god send.

• Like 1

Zombine45    177

I can understand why some people don't find a bit of a drive fun but when you've got a full crew to chat with it can make for a pretty interesting drive!

As someone who drives APC's and tanks to AO's regularly 10km away i can say with some certainty that if the drive to the AO is what makes you not want to use a tank you really aren't supposed to be driving it.

Personally, i think tank drivers should have slots all the same as the pilot slots, but that's a discussion for another time.

On 9/1/2016 at 1:57 PM, Fitz said:

I 100% agree with Fitz that if we start lifting tanks to the AO it would make it way too easy.

• Like 1

Kalthramis    58

Fair enough. What about a quick way to RTB when it spawns on the other end of the map? Sure, you can nuke yourself, but an option to pop back to base would be quite the time saver, without the power of being able to lift a bunch of tanks to the AO.

Zombine45    177

Well at the moment we have the vehicle respawn feature. But again, a heavy vehicle is a lot of power on the battlefield, they do need something to offset it. If it's that easy to use then it would completely ruin the balance of the game. Similar to what i do when i'm the only one bothered to drive a Kuma 15km to the AO.