TooMuchWasabi

Remove Jets from Wasteland

Jets are way too powerful on Stratis. 

All it takes is one great pilot to completely dominate the area. What these two players did was stay on the south side of the map wrecking their opponents. Kept on bombarding the gun store so nobody could run and get AA. Because their was two of them one could strafe while the other was in the process of turning.

Now some would say "Just AA, not that hard" When in fact, 20 blufor guys tried and when one or two of us managed to get AA they just flared it and when they ran out of flares they went an re-armed and came back. 

They both ended up getting 90+ kills and about 6 deaths. If it was Altis Wasteland it would be fine having jets, but not on Stratis. 

Edited by TooMuchWasabi
  • Like 1

• HiX    17

You've gotta think about how hard it is to be a good combat pilot though, bombs are the jets best weapon and they're very limited and quite hard to use without laser guiding

Ya Mum    187

Exactly Mark,

yeah they suck when you're on the receiving end of them but the aim of the server is for all players to have fun and just because someone has learned how to be good at flying them and is having fun doesn't mean it should be hit in the head.

personally I like the challenge of getting my load out and hiding from them then scooting out when I'm done.

13 hours ago, TooMuchWasabi said:

They both ended up getting 90+ kills and about 6 deaths. If it was Altis Wasteland it would be fine having jets, but not on Stratis.

If it were altis you would HAVE to shoot me down whilst I am airborne because I PROMISE 
     You even if you had someone at every airfield I would still land my wipeout on a road somewhere instead
    + less mountains means easier use of radar which means that if you were on a vehicle you would have no where to hide

• Like 1

Nova    1779
    1 hour ago, Jüstice™. said:

we've got a second server what is it O.o

ya unless it was shut down. just put straya into the host filter and you should see it

Its surprising to see so many players defending the jet. You say its not fun for them to be removed, yet its no fun for the players on the ground getting decimated by a completely overpowered jet.

Of course the people who use it will defend it vigorously, but its honestly way OP for such a small map. 

Its the very small minority that can keep it in the air and not get shot down and thats great for that 1%, but for everyone else it just makes you hate the community. 

In every other game when something is really easy to get kills they do a thing called a "nerf" on the object in question. The jet should either be removed completely or heavily nerfed so it has no flares and its ammo is halfed. 

Edited by TooMuchWasabi
    • Like 3

1 hour ago, TooMuchWasabi said:

Its surprising to see so many players defending the jet. You say its not fun for them to be removed, yet its no fun for the players on the ground getting decimated by a completely overpowered jet.

Of course the people who use it will defend it vigorously, but its honestly way OP for such a small map. 

Its the very small minority that can keep it in the air and not get shot down and thats great for that 1%, but for everyone else it just makes you hate the community. 

In every other game when something is really easy to get kills they do a thing called a "nerf" on the object in question. The jet should either be removed completely or heavily nerfed so it has no flares and its ammo is halfed. 

No flares? Lol as if vehicles have not already been dumbed down enough, just look at then Pawnee, Orca and many more helos blowing up from 1 MANPAD when normally with unchanged damage models it just disables them. Same goes for tanks like the IFV-6A Cheetah the Panther and a few others dying to 1 Titan AT to any side of the vehicle when it normally would take 2 AT rockets with the exception of it hitting the rear. I will settle for the removal of the Macers if it comes to that as I am used to using the 30mm Gatling Cannon as I play a lot of KotH.

• Like 1

Ya Mum    187

Blue, can I ask you a question, why do you get defensive when people in game ask you to stop? Why the attitude? Don't get me wrong I'd like to be able to fly the jet like you but I run out of money too quickly when I crash them.

I just think that clearly you're upsetting people with the jet and maybe is it worth taking a look a having a break from it? Blind freddy can see you're pissing people off and wrecking it for people.

not having a go.....jus saying

Edited by Ya Mum

12 minutes ago, Ya Mum said:

Blue, can I ask you a question, why do you get defensive when people in game ask you to stop? Why the attitude? Don't get me wrong I'd like to be able to fly the jet like you but I run out of money too quickly when I crash them.

I just think that clearly you're upsetting people with the jet and maybe is it worth taking a look a having a break from it? Blind freddy can see you're pissing people off and wrecking it for people.

not having a go.....jus saying

I get defensive because I myself struggle to understand why people think it's so Damn hard to kill a jet. Eg a few weeks back I was on Indy with 2 mates and a jet killed all 3 of us at Rogain so I went to Kamino got 27500 dollars out and got an AMV-7 Marshall and shot it down in little more then 5min. Another reason I always buy jets is I am Capped for money and it's the only way I can spend money without making it back instantly in the process. If the ATM had no maximum I would likely buy pawnees and other Helos a lot more

• Like 1

Ya Mum    187

Ok well for me it's all about the attitude. If you're having fun then excellent because that's what we all want to see I mean that.

All I ask is that people dont hurl abuse at others when they are asked to stop because that takes the fun out of it. 

Have fun, get your 50 or 60 kills then let others have fun it's only fair innit?

battesyy    4

@Ya MumBut is it fair to ask someone to NOT do something they enjoy because others don't enjoy it? The people who get upset are the few (many) that would honestly rather type in global than to try and take him down - but in the end, it's more than possible to get, what like 7k out, buy some AA and force the jet to the Airfield, if not, to bail. 

Not to mention the fact that the OP accused Blue of "duping" jet ammo, and continued to "abuse" (throw banter) at Blue Eagle. 

Edited by battesyy

Nova    1779

yeah but after trying to buy AA after like an hour and constantly being killed it just takes the fun out of it

• Like 1

Links    336

Wasteland server #2 has been removed until Tanoa is released, Gunstores are not the only place to get AA launchers.

Edited by Links
    • Like 1

All i see is the players commenting and the Admins not giving a fuck at all. Was told by a mod on teamspeak to make a post on the forums and the admins would reply within a day. Seems like the admins don't care. Cannot contact them on here and in teamspeak they are always hiding.

Battesy you like the jets because you're good with them and get 90+ kills when you use them. You're in the 1% and the other 99% think you're a dick.

Edited by TooMuchWasabi

ʝ17    433

2 years we have had Wasteland servers no one has ever ever complained as soon as blue eagle starts playing then people come out and sook too bad he's good at what he does suggest you go play invade and annex or just practice in single player on how to fly a jet or even shoot one down or ask eagle him self for some 101 tips which I'm fairly sure he has already posted up the crying is real.. That is all

• Like 6

So you wont even consider nerfing it a little? The jet has 124 flares. Even if you manage to make it to a store and you get lucky to find the 5000 for the AA then another 500 for atleast one rocket.. he just flares it off turns around and kills you.. yet then he still has 100 flares left and by the time you find another 5500k he has already restocked his flares ?? 

19 hours ago, Blue Eagle [+1 CREW] said:

thats 6 sets of flares  - fire them when i am coming in headon or fire when i am close or simply wait with an AT rocket at the AF

Considering you guys always have the airfield taken and it takes two direct hits to the destroy the jet.. You have to hope you don't flare off the first 5 rockets that get shot at you and then when we do hit you, you just fly away, repair and do it all over again.

Edited by TooMuchWasabi

19 hours ago, Blue Eagle [+1 CREW] said:

we currently have an enemy jet up and took the AF with little more then 5 people - the jet is doomed

You guys like playing in big groups. That already gives you an advantage. I play generally by myself or with my girlfriend. We have no chance.

I understand that you love it being op, but come on, for the rest of us it sucks.

Edited by TooMuchWasabi