Kalthramis

Advanced Sling Loading

Kalthramis    58

Mod: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=615007497

This is a server mod, meaning clients don't need it installed to use it. IE, something we can use.

What do you guys think? The creator said he'll probably add in hotkeys, and the ability to not be able to lift heavy vehicles, so it could have some use for us. Lotta possibilities with it, particularly with Zeus missions, though it most certainly has its drawbacks. Though I do like the idea of a Huron being able to lift a damaged hummingbird; it'd be a nice mechanic system, assuming you didn't flip the thing.

• Fitz    1239

If the lifting of heavy vehicles is taken out, it would be alright. Haven't tried it myself yet so not sure what sort of set backs it has though.

• Like 1

Kalthramis    58
    Just now, Fitz said:

If the lifting of heavy vehicles is taken out, it would be alright. Haven't tried it myself yet so not sure what sort of set backs it has though.

Currently, the scroll-wheel interface is pretty tedious. Though, adjustable rope length is nice, and being able to hook up the rope on foot could lead to good co-op, or let a green pilot still lift stuff. But it could also subtract, as it would require ground forces to interact with helos (not always a smooth situation), and could remove the skill of lifting cargo. Hence the need for discussion! :)

Nova    1779

this looks like it could be cool. and espcially helpful to take armor to far away ao's

Kalthramis    58

@InfamousNova After chatting with@Zombine45 on here, lifting armor might not be the way to go. However, lifting marshalls might be alright, imo. They aren't too tough, but are great utility.

Edited by Kalthramis
    • Like 1

Nova    1779
    6 minutes ago, Kalthramis said:

@InfamousNova After chatting with@Zombine45 on here, lifting armor might not be the way to go. However, lifting marshalls might be alright, imo. They aren't too tough, but are great utility.

yeah Hurons taking MBT's would be OP

shift597    178

The reason we havent implemented a sling loading system for heavy armor is for game balance issues. We want each aspect of I&A to be fair and balanced. Tanks can be extremely deadly and are capable of very high kill counts. In order to balance that we make it so that they have to drive it to the AOs which is too much for most people ( especially to Molos) so thats where balancing comes into play. You have to give a little before you can get a little basically. Aside from that i dont see any problem with this mod. Would have to test it thoroughly but from what ive seen it looks like it incorporates a bit more team work which is exactly what we are looking for in I&A and would love to encourage.

• Like 1