OllieOiOiOi

Just starting out I&A

OllieOiOiOi    4

Hi People,

I have been having a blast playing a bit of I&A on your server recently, however to date my strategy has kind of sucked.

I am new to Arma so have been mainly on a learning curve, so far my style has been spawn, get into chopper, shoot, shoot, try not to TK anyone, die....rinse and repeat.

This has been grate however I would like to get more involved in actual coordinated gameplay, I am going to start by getting TS installed and joining the relevant I&A channel however is there anything else that I should be doing/not doing to get more out of I&A with StrayaGaming?

Cheers!

Ollie

• Like 3

• Nova    1779

glad to see you are enjoying yourself on I&A

you can see if others want to get in game and do side missions tactically on teamspeak together. perhaps try out different classes like AT and medic

• Like 1

Kalthramis    58

Try out different classes, yeah. Medic, Engineer, AT; ones that have access to restricted gear.

Your best bet to get the "most" out of I&A is to join a coordinated group. You can ask in side chat if anyone is working together, or look for any large groups (5~+). Generally, they're working together.

If you see me on, Cassidy, hit me up. I enjoy playing with new recruits.

• Like 1

OllieOiOiOi    4

Thanks for the tip's, not tried anything other than run and gun yet so will give the other load outs a go.

Mainly looking for more teamwork so will try tagging along with peeps working together.

see you in the server!

• Like 1

Zombine45    177

Most people die in Arma because they rush in. I can't say how much success you'll have if you take it slow, but i can guarantee you, you will die if you rush in. When you get to the AO, try to find a good vantage point and scope it out, see where enemies are, which way they are heading, and either try to avoid them or ambush them, I'll warn you that ambushing large groups isn't a great strategy, they lock you down with continuous fire and you cant peek out to fire back, god forbid if you're in the open.

Another thing to do, if you see a groups of enemy infantry, mark them on your map as EI, so your team mates can see where they are and plan accordingly.

I would highly recommend playing through the tutorials, they give some pretty valuable tips and tactical information that can save your ass in a pinch.

Something else that is pretty useful, is always carry a hand full of frag grenades and smoke on you (I normally run 2x frag, 2x white smoke and 2x coloured smoke) it's saved me on more than a few occasions. Even if you have to take one less mag to make room for it in your vest, it can be extremely useful.

Well that's all of my protips today, if you want any advice on a specific area, hit me up and i'll see what i can do!

• Like 1