Nova

Hummingbird side mission?

Nova    1779

so today i wanted to do side mission and went to get in a spare hummingbird copilot seat. and i noticed that i got kicked out because i wasnt a pilot. whereas before i could just fly it on my own without being a pilot. could this be added back in or is there like a reason why it was removed?

• Fitz    1239

I don't think this has worked for quite a while, would be cool if it did though but I can understand why it would be taken out.

Nova    1779

i asked the pilot in the hummingbird to take me by myself but he was afk so i had to drive

BruhBea    1

it used to be you could fly from the co-pilot seat as a non pilot. But it was changed now so if the server has less than 20 people on anyone can fly. 

The main reason for this was because helicopters would just get left around the map and when real pilots needed to do transport there were few helicopters to actually use. 

Nova    1779

ah okay. is there any way to make like a certain heli for side mission? like theres one beside the other hangers north of the airfield that i usually use

Qeus    198

I liked the MH-9 copilot seat, was kept accessible in understanding that the pilots can be shit/irresponsible (IE 4 pilots flying CAS). A lubricant to keep the mission flow during the rough times.

Can't recall when it was changed but I'll look to see if it can be re-integrated. The entire system has been re-coded to improve your frame rates, should be published soon. I'll look to see whether there's enough flexibility to make some sort of allowance for the MH-9 seat without disrupting the pilot roleplay.

• Like 1