Lotza

Paradrops?

Lotza    522

So I've noticed that not many people do any form of paradrops. There are parachutes in the game and they are a great form of insertion.
How many people actually do paradrops and do you agree with the idea that they are a great form of insertion and can be quite fun at times?

• Like 1

• Padrinos    8

Trying to halo drop in is fun and brings a different type of immersion to the mil sim.  Only bad part is you loose your backpack space, which can be mission critical for some classes that require lots of equipment.

• Like 2

Nova    1779

paradropping and driving are my 2 favorite things in arma 3. but as padrinos said. you lose your backpack which for medic, AT, Autorifleman, engineer, doesnt work well

• Like 2

Marcus    38

Would it be possible to make the parachute go into a vest slot instead? then u keep the medbox, but u still lose space

Zombine45    177

In my experience, paradrops are only great in situations where you need guys in there fast. Since you lose your backpack, if you plan on spending any extended period of time in the AO, it's generally best to be dropped off or drive.

Maybe a work around to this would be setting special properties for medkits and repair kits, so that they can be put into a vest at the expense of most if not all that vests carrying capability. This would leave you with only your clothing to work with for gear however, but paratroopers have never been the best supplied troops in any army!

Lotza    522

Backpack on chest mod. Would be nice for Paradropping :p

• Like 1

Nova    1779
    57 minutes ago, Lotza said:

Backpack on chest mod. Would be nice for Paradropping :p

would be but that requires ace

Kalthramis    58

@InfamousNova It shouldn't require ACE. Could be done pretty easily if you skipped out on the visuals; just a matter of storing the backpack and it's contents locally, then adding it to the player when they're at 0 elevations.

@Qeus could we do this? I'm in the same boat of "Paradrops are cool, but without a backpack it nullifies them. Can't have a medic, engineer, demo expert, etc."

• Like 2

Nova    1779
    10 minutes ago, Kalthramis said:

@InfamousNova It shouldn't require ACE. Could be done pretty easily if you skipped out on the visuals; just a matter of storing the backpack and it's contents locally, then adding it to the player when they're at 0 elevations.

i meant the mod he is referring to requires ace. but doing this could be cool

• Like 1

Remo    0

I second the idea of the Backpack on Chest mod. It will be great for people who want to jump out early and get to their advantage point, instead of being dropped with everyone else and then back-tracking and possibly getting shot. But i think the main reason why everyone would enjoy this mod, is for the emergency bail out when your chopper is under fire and you're still alive after the first hit or before it.

I've tried to get some links for some of the mods, but I only came across 2 so far; 1 that appears to be outdated and the other (which has been mentioned already) requires A.C.E 3 in order for it to make it to the game.

With that being said: Why is A.C.E. 3 not implemented into the server?