Sign in to follow this  
Marcus

Pilots after a server restart

• Lotza    522

Its true. I think that anyone waiting for a slot should take priority after restart.
    (People actually waiting in the queue channel that is), only after they are in the slots can the other people in the pilot channel actually battle it out for the remaining slots.

• Like 1

Travesty    265

This happened last night after an impromptu server restart. I ended up taking a slot so one of the pilots before the restart didn't lose it.

I think it's poor form to slide into a slot without checking with the current pilots.

Tracuer    92

The First in First served ruling has been put in place because it was easier to maintain than having to kick people who are jumping in the slots because they're PC can load faster than any previous pilots.  While there are many times when the pilots lose their slots yes, with the communication and the heads up from others on TS, they can be ready for the restart more so than some others which can lead to them getting their slot back.

• Like 1

Kalthramis    58

Yeah. It's difficult enough maintaining the Waiting for Slot rule. 
    If it's a big problem for you, direct connect to the server. You'll be one of the first on when it comes back up. And I have a US connection with 350+ping.

• Like 1

Qeus    198

If you are really keen you can configure your Startup Parameters to autoconnect to your favorite server :)

-connect=<ip> Server IP to connect to.
    -port=<number> Server port to connect to.
    Edited by Qeus
    • Like 2