Kalthramis

Dream Overhauls

Kalthramis    58

To get some activity stirring and possibly dig up some idea gems, let's say you theoretically get to add, change, and overhaul Invade and Annex however you want. Imagine you have an army of Quicksilvers with too much spare time, and you're in charge.

What would you change? What would you add, or remove? What features, missions, and ideas would you want in your version of I&A?

A lot of what I'm about to spew is only initial thought I haven't deeply considered, but that is the point of this thread.

In my dream world, I would personally love to make it more milism. Hard difficulty settings, no instant map tracking of allies or enemies or crosshairs, and more punishing when wasteful of supplies and vehicles. I'd also restrict all non-NATO equipment and have high end equipment be role specific or limited. Like not everyone in CSAT sniper suits with nightstalkers.

I'd still want to maintain the ease of dropping in/out of I&A, but I would want to reduce respawning and solo play, and require proportional role use. (Ex, can't have 0 AT, 4 snipers, 7 marksmen, 1 medic. Would require well-rounded squads)

I'd use the new medical system on dev, since it's so nifty and can force instadeath from head shots, explosions, etc.

Vehicles would only respawn once per AO (or less), helicopters would be few and far between. Players would always be in squads, with leadership chosen diplomatically or via rank (earning "exp" to gain rank).

Probably add in a mechanic like "teleport to squad leader (not in combat)" with a once-per-AO cooldown to discourage groups being spread out.

I'd like squad-missions to generate on top of the faction mission (ex,. "Kill this tank", "Rescue Bravo squad", "secure this outpost"), and change some AO types from "Kill everything here", to some larger-scale side mission type objectives. Or multiple smaller objectives that have to be finished in a certain amount of time, forcing squad-size play on occasion. Additionally, these missions would progress to a climax every couple of hours, such as a massive defend, or a large scale assault. Or in the event of failures, losing the Airfield base and ending up as temporary guerrillas ala the SP campaign

Etc etc

Edited by Kalthramis
  • Like 2

• Zombine45    177

Oh ho ho, i've been waiting for this. *Cracks knuckles*

Not going to go into huge detail, i'll just rattle off the general ideas

• I'd love for side missions to have more of an impact. i.e. "Stop a convoy from reaching their destination or have to deal with an army of tanks at the next AO"
    • The potential for enemy reinforcements to come into the AO would make it quite a bit more diverse.
    • If players fail several defenses in a row, they have to defend the airfield from an attack
    • Specific squad units for people wishing to drive tanks, with similar rules to the pilot slots.
    • Several HQ like structures in each AO, with only one of them actually being the real HQ, but all of them having enemies.
    • Enemy bases spread out across the map, with regular patrols and support units.
    • I really should put this next one in FOB feedback but i'll put it here because i'm lazy, some of the FOB's are extremely far from the AO they are assigned to (Sometimes 7+km away)
    Edited by Zombine45
    • Like 5

Nova    1779

5 hours ago, Kalthramis said:

Hide contents

A lot of what I'm about to spew is only initial thought I haven't deeply considered, but that is the point of this thread.

In my dream world, I would personally love to make it more milism. Hard difficulty settings, no instant map tracking of allies or enemies or crosshairs, and more punishing when wasteful of supplies and vehicles. I'd also restrict all non-NATO equipment and have high end equipment be role specific or limited. Like not everyone in CSAT sniper suits with nightstalkers.

I'd still want to maintain the ease of dropping in/out of I&A, but I would want to reduce respawning and solo play, and require proportional role use. (Ex, can't have 0 AT, 4 snipers, 7 marksmen, 1 medic. Would require well-rounded squads)

I'd use the new medical system on dev, since it's so nifty and can force instadeath from head shots, explosions, etc.

Vehicles would only respawn once per AO (or less), helicopters would be few and far between. Players would always be in squads, with leadership chosen diplomatically or via rank (earning "exp" to gain rank).

Probably add in a mechanic like "teleport to squad leader (not in combat)" with a once-per-AO cooldown to discourage groups being spread out.

I'd like squad-missions to generate on top of the faction mission (ex,. "Kill this tank", "Rescue Bravo squad", "secure this outpost"), and change some AO types from "Kill everything here", to some larger-scale side mission type objectives. Or multiple smaller objectives that have to be finished in a certain amount of time, forcing squad-size play on occasion. Additionally, these missions would progress to a climax every couple of hours, such as a massive defend, or a large scale assault. Or in the event of failures, losing the Airfield base and ending up as temporary guerrillas ala the SP campaign

Etc etc

you sound like you want a milsim unit. but on a larger public scale.

34 minutes ago, Zombine45 said:

I'd love for side missions to have more of an impact. i.e. "Stop a convoy from reaching their destination or have to deal with an army of tanks at the next AO"

i like this idea. could see it working well but also end up badly because if people just ignored it then you would get rekt by like a tank platoon

35 minutes ago, Zombine45 said:

The potential for enemy reinforcements to come into the AO would make it quite a bit more diverse.

already happens until you destroy the radio tower

35 minutes ago, Zombine45 said:

If players fail several defenses in a row, they have to defend the airfield from an attack

good idea but what if you fail that too? restart the mission? defend missions can be quiet hard sometimes

36 minutes ago, Zombine45 said:

Specific squad units for people wishing to drive tanks, with similar rules to the pilot slots.

would be a good idea but then again this is a public server. you cant have too many restrictions on these sorts of things. 

37 minutes ago, Zombine45 said:

Several HQ like structures in each AO, with only one of them actually being the real HQ, but all of them having enemies.

would cause a lot of lag. the ao would get really cluttered with building too

38 minutes ago, Zombine45 said:

Enemy bases spread out across the map, with regular patrols and support units.

would cause a lot of lag. especially during a defend mission

39 minutes ago, Zombine45 said:

I really should put this next one in FOB feedback but i'll put it here because i'm lazy, some of the FOB's are extremely far from the AO they are assigned to (Sometimes 7+km away)

will bring this one up with quik because they are a bit far.

these are just my thoughts to your suggestions

sorry i didnt do so much on yours @Kalthramis but it seemed like you really wanted a stricter server where you dont have as much freedom as you do now. which i dont agree with but thats just me

Kalthramis    58

@InfamousNova eh it's just for fun and imagining. Haven't got into a milism unit because they require too much time and dedication, and i've yet to find one with a modpack that doesn't crash the game

• Like 1

Zombine45    177

Oh! Being able to steal enemy vehicles that have been disabled and abandoned! Since it's the only way to get a T-100 without bugging fitz for some sort of zeus mission.

Small, player deployable structures, i.e, camo nets, sandbags, ect.

Edited by Zombine45
    • Like 4

vortex1018    14
    18 hours ago, Zombine45 said:

Oh! Being able to steal enemy vehicles that have been disabled and abandoned! Since it's the only way to get a T-100 without bugging fitz for some sort of zeus mission.

So I found this boat near the last AO, wanted to get to next AO. Sniped everyone on the boat and swam to it. LOCKED. swam 10 minutes when I could've used the boat....

20160706214326_1.jpg

• Like 2

Kalthramis    58
    22 hours ago, Zombine45 said:

I did make a basic "FOB builder" Zeus framework that was suppose to do just that. Could only spend X-resources on defenses and could only build them around a truck. I had intended it to be a unique slot ala UAV Operator; someone could drive a 'construction truck' to an AO, build a small base, then use it. Could even place static defenses. But I heard Quicksilver wants to make static deployable small FOBs one day, so I didn't finish it. (Probably same concept, just using scroll wheel to pick a prebuilt small base rather than building one in Zeus.)

Zombine45    177

Being able to save vehicles loadouts. So i don't have to spend 15 minutes filling my APCs with FAKs and MX mags every time.

• Like 6

Kalthramis    58
    1 hour ago, Zombine45 said:

Being able to save vehicles loadouts. So i don't have to spend 15 minutes filling my APCs with FAKs and MX mags every time.

This

• Like 2

Tungsten    69

I dream of being able to drive a scorcher around and use it at ranges it would ACTUALLY be useful and above all ACCURATE (to a point) or use for direct fire support, just disable the artillery computer for everyone but FSG and increase the rearming time and it could possibly be balanced enough.

Having the missile drones in would be nice if its possible to make them laser guided only cus sometimes  GBUs are just over kill or not the right tool for the job ( i think the new CSAT Fixed wing UCAV added with Apex is armed with laser guided missiles, unsure though but the field manual mentioned it)

being able to modify Jet loadouts would be nice too (a bit of a stretch, but any pilot that has flown CAS at some point has mumbles about the ATGMs under their wings that they cant use)

an even further streach: DAISY CUTTERS i mean come on with these new VTOLs it should be slightly remotely possible? right?

• Like 3

Zombine45    177

A points system, whereby, players earn points by killing enemies, completing objectives, ect. Players use these points to purchase vehicles.

This could replace the side mission rewards, by giving all players involved(Or just everyone) a large sum of points they can use to purchase whatever they want. Players can transfer their points to other players so one of them can get something really good.

Starting vehicles at the base would be limited. e.g only the two slammers and the two marshalls in the car park(Keeping all the cars obviously), players need to use them, get some points, then buy a Kuma/Gorgon/T-100/Kamysh.

Obviously the more powerful vehicles would cost more points. the same system could also be used for planes (Im not very familiar by how they compare to eachother so i wont give an example) and the cars at base as well.

• Like 2

Tungsten    69
    10 hours ago, Zombine45 said:

A points system, whereby, players earn points by killing enemies, completing objectives, ect. Players use these points to purchase vehicles.

This could replace the side mission rewards, by giving all players involved(Or just everyone) a large sum of points they can use to purchase whatever they want. Players can transfer their points to other players so one of them can get something really good.

Starting vehicles at the base would be limited. e.g only the two slammers and the two marshalls in the car park(Keeping all the cars obviously), players need to use them, get some points, then buy a Kuma/Gorgon/T-100/Kamysh.

Obviously the more powerful vehicles would cost more points. the same system could also be used for planes (Im not very familiar by how they compare to eachother so i wont give an example) and the cars at base as well.

you just want access to T100s dont you

Zombine45    177
    9 minutes ago, Tungsten said:

you just want access to T100s dont you

Hey man don't tell them that, they're only meant to find out after i have a fleet of them on standby.

Eazy    16

A 'cancel revive' button. For when u change ur mind mid-revive. Also applicable to that Carry animation.
    beefy offroads with solid tires/bullbars able to handle large shrubs/tumbleweed at all speeds without damage to tires :}
    daw,and a parachute-with-your-backpack option.

Rig attachable FLIR strobes/patches||Weapons lock/Safety ON whilst in FLIR to encourage positive ID (also restricting use of katibas to OPFOR) 
    Some way of showing off the amount of ears youv collected, maybe some necklace/ghillie suit u could add to.
    And at base, a gym/basketball that works...some form of a buffet and an esky at base by the fire goddamn. 

• Like 2