WestOz

Medic Group (tag)

WestOz    40

Hi,

Started playing your server a couple weeks back, after a long break, having a ball with good numbers, not too many idiots which is great to see... (unlike life)

I always prefer to rp as medic, however its kinda/very frustrating not knowing where the other medics are located, running ~400mtrs through trees, open spaces, up/over hills etc, all at risk of being taken out (incl friendlies) to rev someone only to get 5mtrs from wounded to discover another medic has just beaten me, already reving them, then having to run all the way back to my squad.... (this wouldn't happen in rl because radios & orders would be used properly)

So, wondering if there might be anyway to code the medics with a red hex (or cross, something) so we stand out to each other from a distance, day or night, whether in same squad/group or not, know someone else is nearer that location, rather than the frustration as mentioned above?

If not, perhaps you're aware of an alternate solution...

Cheers!

• Kalthramis    58

Medics are meant to be spread out between groups, rather than clumped together. This also isn't much of an RP server. Reviving an average soldier should be the same priority as reviving a medic, as well; everyone wants to be able to play the game. This would cause medics to be prioritized, which could just lead to hurt buttholes. It would also encourage medic clumping, which isn't a good idea in I&A.

Rogmantosh    242

Just a thought but If you look at the map prior to sprinting off in the direction of the first dead body you will notice that each class has their own map icon. from there you can assess where and when you are going to move. 

Ora209    142

I can see were you coming from west... i know it would be a bit of work to implement but having the same system to find the wounded as well as finding other nearby medics without looking on the map... or would this just cause too much "stuff" on the hud

Rogmantosh    242
    11 hours ago, Ora209 said:

I can see were you coming from west... i know it would be a bit of work to implement but having the same system to find the wounded as well as finding other nearby medics without looking on the map... or would this just cause too much "stuff" on the hud

I think it may have too much clutter on the screen though depends on the distance you set for the medics to show up. Say if your wounded is 500m away on the edge of detection and your medics are 500m on the other side. where do you put the limit? 

• Like 1