Ora209

Halo Jump/Para troop

Ora209    142

Hey all 

Whilst coming back to the straya gaming after the launch of apex I've thought of something that would be similar to a server i used to play on in arma 2

THE HALO JUMP Mod

previously this wouldn't have been possible considering the size of aircraft that would be required to drop that many people off and make it effective, but how ever the game has changed since apex's release and the new black fish it out. Not sure if this mod has passed through the forums or not but as someone who played loads of arma 2 (when people still played it) and played one modded servers that had stuff like the halo mod and sling loading (remember this is arma 2) it made the game really exiting and fun.

as a side note i don't believe that the mod/script is large and wont be taxing to the server, but that's for the moderators and admins to decide.

Thanks Ora209

• Like 1

• Ora209    142
    1 hour ago, rassad said:

Why not just talk with a blackfish Pilot, and arrange to Halo from that?   Entirely possible on the server atm.

It can be done without mods but that would mean people will have to give up their backpacks, which i dont mind doing its just some people wont like that... and with the mod/script its an extention that the pilot controls and you dont need to give up you backpack for a parachute. (Not sure if this is 100% acurate as i last used the mod on an arma 2 server and things might have changed)

CeeFar    585
    7 minutes ago, Ora209 said:

It can be done without mods but that would mean people will have to give up their backpacks, which i dont mind doing its just some people wont like that... and with the mod/script its an extention that the pilot controls and you dont need to give up you backpack for a parachute. (Not sure if this is 100% acurate as i last used the mod on an arma 2 server and things might have changed)

How about get a vehicle blackfish, get the thing with the most seats you can in it, get everyone in THAT, and then get them to put their backpacks in that. 

Then the blackfish drops the vehicle, everyone ejects from the blackfish, and then picks up their backpacks from the vehicle when required

Idk just an idea hahaha

• Like 2

Ora209    142
    5 minutes ago, Nclem said:

How about get a vehicle blackfish, get the thing with the most seats you can in it, get everyone in THAT, and then get them to put their backpacks in that. 

Then the blackfish drops the vehicle, everyone ejects from the blackfish, and then picks up their backpacks from the vehicle when required

Idk just an idea hahaha

We were toying with an idea similar to that last night on i&a but we came across the issue of how to determine the difference in whos backpacks are whos... but great idea tho, maybe if theres a way to name backpacks or something?

Edited by Ora209
    Adding on to post
    • Like 1

CeeFar    585
    10 minutes ago, Ora209 said:

We were toying with an idea similar to that last night on i&a but we came across the issue of how to determine the difference in whos backpacks are whos... but great idea tho, maybe if theres a way to name backpacks or something?

Have a distinctive, unique item in your backpack?

rassad    2

IMO  People carry around WAY too much ammo atm allready.  There is never any reason for Pilots to use ammodrops.   Cost of Halo jumping is you do not get a backpack.  Not a huge problem really, and you could always call in an ammobox to rearm.

• Like 1

Fitz    1239
    7 hours ago, Nclem said:

Idk just an idea hahaha

6 hours ago, Ora209 said:

If people are in a vehicle which is being carried by the Vehicle Blackfish, why would they need parachutes when the vehicle automatically drops with a chute?

Just get in the vehicle.

ez

Two unarmed Prowlers is 14 seats total btw so that's almost a Mohawk full of people being paradropped.

• Like 2

Rogmantosh    242

The idea is sound and Fitz's last comment hits the nail on the head. your fully kitted in the vehicle and the vehicle has a chute when it hits the ground you all bail out fully kitted ready to go.

Ora209    142
    9 hours ago, Rogmantosh said:

The idea is sound and Fitz's last comment hits the nail on the head. your fully kitted in the vehicle and the vehicle has a chute when it hits the ground you all bail out fully kitted ready to go.

The trouble is getting the people into the vehicle ie a marshall... they just sit there like wtf is this marshall doing beaping at me