Parko

Textures/skins for vehicles other than helicopters

Parko    24

So before someone screams #pilotmasterrace some of us supporters like to use other vehicles (refer #heavyarmourmasterrace), but don't have access to any custom skins.

Wondering if we might be able to get some for tanks, APCs etc.

ALSO, is there some way to mark friendly "enemy" vehicles such as the Kuma so that the idiots who just shoot on sight without checking first have less of an excuse for doing so? 

But yea, tank skins :D

• Like 1

• Fitz    1239

We're working on getting some skins for Jets, Helis and Tanks. Should see them in the next 2 - 3 weeks.

Currently, the Kuma has NATO camo, that's the only way it can be marked friendly for now. Obviously it doesn't make a difference if whoever is shooting is using thermals though.

• Like 2

Parko    24

Maybe a skin for the kuma and cheetah etc with "FRIENDLY" written in fluro orange or something :p

real    114

but.....

20160922164704_1.jpg

obviously far from finished as I only started it recently.  but i'll look into doing some other stuff if people are interested

Edited by real
    chopper pilots rule!
    • Like 4

CreedJr    385
    9 minutes ago, real said:

but.....

20160922164704_1.jpg

obviously far from finished as I only started it recently.  but i'll look into doing some other stuff if people are interested

You seem to have some texture development skills, ever thought of applying for the SG Texture Development Team? If so be sure to hit up my signature and drop in an application ;)

5 hours ago, Fitz said:

We're working on getting some skins for Jets, Helis and Tanks. Should see them in the next 2 - 3 weeks.

Would you like me to assign some Texture Development Team members over to you mate? Feel free to Forum message me, we can have a chat and organise some skins that the team can work on.

• Like 1

CreedJr    385
    41 minutes ago, shift597 said:

@Aidanjr

nah we are right dude, with real, fitz and nova all working on skins we are pretty set thanks.

If you insist mate, the Team is here to help should you want it ;) 

Nova    1779
    13 minutes ago, real said:

how do you like my inspection stand?

sorry, parko, still not a Kuma or slammer/

Capture2.JPG

thats perfect. it actually kinda looks like a flanker

• Like 1

real    114
    2 hours ago, InfamousNova said:

thats perfect. it actually kinda looks like a flanker

thanks mate.  still a bit of work to do lining up some graphics and a few other bits and pieces.

• Like 1

Ora209    142

hey guys just wondering what if we made like a United Nations series... show that we are in it for the peace (who am i kidding). it'll look awesome tho, I'm talking tanks with UN paint, SUVs, Jets, Helios, Hunters the lot. what do yah think?

2015-01-11_00021.jpg

Fitz    1239
    Just now, Ora209 said:

hey guys just wondering what if we made like a United Nations series... show that we are in it for the peace (who am i kidding). it'll look awesome tho, I'm talking tanks with UN paint, SUVs, Jets, Helios, Hunters the lot. what do yah think?

2015-01-11_00021.jpg

Not a fan tbh.

UN are supposed to be peacekeepers, not Invaders and Annex-ers.

• Like 4

real    114

I've been away and busy this last week or so, but spent a bit of time tonight and pretty much finished the neophron.

20161002232532_1.jpg

I think I might change the light blue colour for a lighter blue as it was on my original.

Edited by real
    • Like 5

real    114

ok, here's the light blue version, which I prefer.  I've added the last little details and well I think it's finished.  I hope you like it.
    Now, to get the skin on the server, does it need to be a .paa and wrapped up in a a pbo? 

neophron LB.JPG

neophron LB2.JPG

• Like 5

Fitz    1239
    25 minutes ago, real said:

Now, to get the skin on the server, does it need to be a .paa and wrapped up in a a pbo? 

Looks great!

Just the .paa is fine, no pbo.

shift597    178

If your free tonight real jump on the TS and ill see if I can get in contact with the guy who does all the paypal stuff and we can get everything sorted. Both skins look awesome and we want them as soon as possible :)

• Like 1

real    114
    1 hour ago, shift597 said:

If your free tonight real jump on the TS and ill see if I can get in contact with the guy who does all the paypal stuff and we can get everything sorted. Both skins look awesome and we want them as soon as possible :)

I'm glad you like them. I should be on later.
    you should know there's only one skin at the moment, as I abandoned the 'darker' light blue, as I didn't like it.  it's exactly the same camo, so if you really wanted it I could resurrect it. personally, I wouldn't bother. 

if you want more skins on the neophron, in different colours, then i'll make them. I think different camo patterns would be better than just recolouring the same camo as that would look a bit, well you know..

• Like 1

Unit_3397    712
    4 hours ago, real said:

neophron LB2.JPG

my a-10 on the end... same camo no? ;P  

20160924114146_1.jpg

LOL RIP! forgot to erase the left spoiler in my template... 

Edited by Unit_3397
    lol rip
    • Like 3

real    114

ha, yeah, nice!  I think most of my camo will be this style, as it's my favourite.  though I have one or two other styles that i'm working on.

• Like 1

real    114

armor_f_epc  and armor_f_gamma both have MBT-01 files.  I think the latter may be the one you want.