NS24

Invade & Annex looking for a squad

NS24    8

Hello fellow Straya Gamers. As you can see by the title I'm looking for a few players to run with on I&A (Also started playing King of the Hill recently, very fun)

Bit about my self, I am 21 years old, like to play FPS/ Third person games (Shooter, RTS, also like trying out new games), I like to play I&A seriously but not too series if you know what I mean and would like to check out some user made scenarios from the Steam Workshop.

Sorry if this is a little messy, wrote it as fast as I can. 

If you're interested to play some I&A, King of the Hill and maybe some other game modes/missions just reply to this or add me on steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/NS247

• Like 4

• Travesty    265

Hi NS24,

From my experiences on the I&A server (Semi-regular player), most players tend to 'Rambo/Lone Wolf' the Main Objective ("AO"). Sometimes groups do form, but usually you get your loadout, bundle into the nearest transport aircraft and then deploy at the LZ at the AO and fight your way to the HQ. Sometimes it can be different depending on terrain and situation, but that's usually how it goes for me. The squads in I&A don't really get used outside of specific roles (Pilots/Medics/Snipers/Ironside Etc).

I think you'd enjoy engaging in some of the Side missions if you want more squad-based activities on I&A. These occur regularly (Usually spawning 15 mins after the last one ended) and require more coordination and communication than the AO gets. There are a few players who gravitate to Side missions when they occur (*cough cough* Hamish [TEF], Kyroe for example *cough*), so don't be afraid to ask in the blue Side chat if anyone is headed to Side mission.
    NOTE: There is a Side Base located NE of the main Base where a Hummingbird and Offroad spawn for Side teams to arrange their own transport.

If you do end up headed to a Side mission, do try to make contact with other players at Side or on their way. Side missions usually require multiple players to complete, and the time-sensitive missions require coordination to enable maximum time to complete it's objective. The Rambo/Lone-Wolf approach doesn't usually work at Side missions, but when a group of players come together on Side it's a damn good feeling (Especially when the reward is something awesome, like a Mortar Boat!).

Good luck on the I&A server, don't be afraid to jump on our TS (ts.straya.life) as some players working together will be on there to coordinate.

See you round Altis!

Edited by Travesty
    • Like 3

NS24    8

@Travesty Thanks for all that info! I will definitely keep an eye out for those side missions and let others know on the side channel.

As for the Strya Gaming TeamSpeak, I found it a bit hard to use (I could just be doing something wrong). I joined the Pilots channel once when I was piloting on I&A but there was no sound and I wasn't sure if others could hear me. Seen plenty of other groups/channels, just wasn't sure which one is for I&A (not Piloting).

Travesty    265

If you have troubles on TeamSpeak in the future, near the top of the channel list there are Helpdesk channels if you need assistance.
    I wouldn't recommend spending too much in Pilot channel trying to get help, mainly due to Pilots trying to keep the air clear for coordination.

You'll also find the Pilots channel is the main channel for I&A in terms of active users (It's a requirement to fly to be in that channel).

I should have also mentioned that joining an ingame group for Side missions (It changes often, as the groups are dynamic) enables Group voice chat which is how most Side teams communicate. My bad.

Edited by Travesty

Nova    1779

hey man if you want we can start a regular get together on I&A we all jump in a channel and just play a bit tactically. if anyone is interested we can get this going and just do AO's and side missions. maybe even a cheeky zeus mission if tracuer or myself feel like doing one

• Like 3

SirPetri    15

Hey guys, I'll jump in on this too if possible. Not sure I'll make it on until Thursday night but I'm keen to do some missions together. I'll friend you @NS24 and my profile is http://steamcommunity.com/id/sirpetri/ in case you or @InfamousNova need it.

Slep.    279

Il probably jump on this train as well as there are really no groups to play with on I&A often, and also to get away from Altis Life haha.

If you want my profile is http://steamcommunity.com/id/slepwak3at/ and im also on quite regularly too.

• Like 1

webbie    186

Hi NS, You may have seem my squad and myself running around from time to time. 

We are Ultra Squad https://units.arma3.com/unit/ultrasquad

I originally set this up as a bit of fun but we are now recruiting players who like to play a little more seriously but also enjoying stuffing around a bit.

Theirs no obligation to anything however I do I like to see the badge showing.

All the info you may want to know is on the squad page and what we ask of our members, if you're interested come have a run around with us sometime and see if you like what we do.

I've setup steam groups, youtube channels (for our antics) and facebook group to make it a little more social as well.

All are welcome but they must prove that they're not trolls and worth their weight.

20170121005051_1.jpg

• Like 2

NS24    8

@webnebular Wow, that sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. I see "ULTRASQUAD" on I&A all the time (mostly see you guys doing side missions). I like to have fun while playing but when it comes down to series time I can play tactical as well. I don't enjoy playing alone so a full squad of players that know what they are doing is just the thing I need.

I am not the best Arma player out there but most of my 140 hours in Arma have been spent on I&A and I know all the basics. If I am required to wear a badge to join that doesn't bother me.

• Like 1

webbie    186

come jump on and have a play with us some time and see what ya think when we have the whole gang together we are pretty much unstoppable