Adolf

Server will restart warning message + more

Adolf    42

Bring back the server will restart in xx warning. Rather than having it just come up in the chat box possibly have it come up on screen at intervals like 30min, 10 min, 5min, 2min.

(I'm not even sure if this is a setting) Last but not least it would be good if players didn't just show up on the map. Countless times I've found player via map abuse. I don't even see them but they just show up on the map sometimes at their exact position.

When a player shoots at you why should the map show where the player is? 

Edited by Adolf
  • Like 2

• BulletL    77

Without 3D spotting the game changes completely, I strongly recommend not touching the spotting settings as ONE of the main changes is it allows camping. Besides if you learn how it works you can use it to your advantage against the players who rely upon it to kill.

Ya Mum    187

We did actually remove the spotting way back in the day but managed to find its way back in.

My view if you want to see them on the map, buy a drone

• Like 1

Adolf    42
    1 hour ago, BulletL said:

Without 3D spotting the game changes completely, I strongly recommend not touching the spotting settings as ONE of the main changes is it allows camping. Besides if you learn how it works you can use it to your advantage against the players who rely upon it to kill.

My issue with it is you can't even snipe as your first shot you'll show up on map and then get an at shot at your position. Like @Ya Mum said spotting should be left for equipment such as drones and air vehicles. 

FBI    195

I've played on wasteland servers before that didn't have 3d spotting and the gameplay is defiantly alot more slow paced, removing it will remove the deathmatch aspect from the server. @Adolf sniping is definitely effected by 3d spotting, i usually cant stay in the same spot for more than 5minutes without being rocketed or shot at, and that is from over 1.5km away with a lynx. The way i see it is 3d spotting makes the game alot easier but without it players with less hours will be affected and it will also slow down gameplay. As @Ya Mum said drones and airvehicles should be left to spot but then once again people can just have 10 darters up and spot the whole map for a group, i personally rarely use darters as it removes the fun out of ground combat somewhat.    

Adolf    42
    1 hour ago, FBI said:

I've played on wasteland servers before that didn't have 3d spotting and the gameplay is defiantly alot more slow paced, removing it will remove the deathmatch aspect from the server. @Adolf sniping is definitely effected by 3d spotting, i usually cant stay in the same spot for more than 5minutes without being rocketed or shot at, and that is from over 1.5km away with a lynx. The way i see it is 3d spotting makes the game alot easier but without it players with less hours will be affected and it will also slow down gameplay. As @Ya Mum said drones and airvehicles should be left to spot but then once again people can just have 10 darters up and spot the whole map for a group, i personally rarely use darters as it removes the fun out of ground combat somewhat.    

I've also played on servers without it. Granted it is alot harder. I've also played on servers where the spotting is not so sensitive like on this server. Even if it was toned down so you don't randomlly show up if you walk past someone in a building would be better.

• Like 1