Nova

Profanity filter. yay or nay?

Should we remove the profanity filter?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nova    1779

So we have this filter on the forums that blocks the word (Fuc k) like ****. and shit like that. its pretty dumb in my opinion to have it on a forum where its based on a game that is 17+. while yes we have a younger playerbase they all know the words. its part of day to day talk tbh.

should definitely remove it

Edited by InfamousNova
  • Like 8

• Excel    828

My take,

Our community is based on games that are mostly MA15+ for violence and language, Also our community is dominated by members that are aged 15+ with some younger members however it is there own choice to play and view the content we have. 

So I say get rid of it

**** **** **** ;)

• Like 2

SmO    213

Majority of the community is also Australian and I'm pretty sure the words **** and **** are said at least 15 times a day

• Like 2

Brodie0296    78
    6 minutes ago, SmO said:

Majority of the community is also Australian and I'm pretty sure the words **** and **** are said at least 15 times a day

I know right, Like who the **** doesnt say ****? i almost say it in every sentence. If anything its pretty un-australian to have **** filtered, its like our native word

• Like 2

Wex    429

If possible, at least make it an option to turn on and off but still block words that are offensive.

• Like 1

MAY    95

What are ya, 12? Scared yur parents will see what ya type or somthin?

Brodie0296    78
    6 hours ago, MAY said:

What are ya, 12? Scared yur parents will see what ya type or somthin?

To be fair though some words should be kinda left out, like the way i think is usual swear words are fine but racist words are still an offensive thing if not agreed apon as a joke by that person. Or some people might tolerate swearing but they personally dont really like it and dont want to see it anywhere. So maybe an option to turn a filter on and off would be good but if taken down hopefully people wont go bat shit crazy with the new ability to have uncensored words haha

Nova    1779
    32 minutes ago, Brodie0296 said:

To be fair though some words should be kinda left out, like the way i think is usual swear words are fine but racist words are still an offensive thing if not agreed apon as a joke by that person. Or some people might tolerate swearing but they personally dont really like it and dont want to see it anywhere. So maybe an option to turn a filter on and off would be good but if taken down hopefully people wont go bat shit crazy with the new ability to have uncensored words haha

its gonzos i think you have shit in that sentence

• Like 1

Brodie0296    78
    Just now, InfamousNova said:

its gonzos i think you have shit in that sentence

yeah but is shit really that bad of a word? like its heard so common these days you almost cant count it as a swear, like i hear people say it at work in front of costumers and theirs never any complaints 

Nova    1779
    Just now, Brodie0296 said:

yeah but is shit really that bad of a word? like its heard so common these days you almost cant count it as a swear, like i hear people say it at work in front of costumers and theirs never any complaints 

thats the thing like i dont consider **** a swear word

• Like 1

Brodie0296    78
    16 minutes ago, InfamousNova said:

thats the thing like i dont consider **** a swear word

And because of this filter i cant tell if you said ****, **** or Bitch. And if you want to go full on american you could see that censoring is against free speech and this is the internet, how many votes we need anyway for the filter to be taken off?

Red    1068

The filter won't be removed altogether, i will however look into a toggle option.

• Like 4

Jack.    66
    On 2017-5-15 at 0:13 PM, Red said:

The filter won't be removed altogether, i will however look into a toggle option.

Would the toggle option be for all words or would all the racist words etc remain hidden not matter what? (cos no matter I think words like N***** should stay hidden)