Farqman

Lack of Available Admin During the day

Farqman    86

I've been on annual leave for the past week and a half and I have been playing during the day anywhere from 8am to 6pm.

Have been noticing between 10am-2pm we get alot of trolls on the server. Jet ramming, helicopter ramming, pilots not on TeamSpeak etc

Searching TS you cannot find any admin online to boot them. What is the best way to deal with this?

• Like 1
  • Triggered 1
  • <3 1

• Lyric    9

I've noticed this too, though I find the easiest way to deal with this is recording the incident (Or take screenshots) and submitting a ban report through the support page.(https://strayagaming.com.au/support/)

As far as I can tell it's usually dealt within 24 hours. 

• Like 3

CeeFar    585
    14 minutes ago, Xeylious said:

I've noticed this too, though I find the easiest way to deal with this is recording the incident (Or take screenshots) and submitting a ban report through the support page.(https://strayagaming.com.au/support/)

As far as I can tell it's usually dealt within 24 hours. 

Failing that, a support team member in helpdesk can also contact higher up staff to try and deal with the issue.

@Fitz What's your take on the matter?

• thinking3d 1

Lyric    9
    2 minutes ago, nclem said:

Failing that, a support team member in helpdesk can also contact higher up staff to try and deal with the issue.

@Fitz What's your take on the matter?

The issue with that statement is; if there's not admin on currently for I&A, a support team member can't do much until someone with admin permissions on I&A is on Teamspeak. Which contradicts the point of this post; how to deal with an issue if no admins are online.

• Like 1

Excel    828

Hey mate,

During the day staff are less active due to mostly work and school especially in this period of time as exams are taking place in pretty much every state.

All our staff are here voluntarily and are giving up their time, however, we have to understand that people have things going on in there lives outside this community witch fill the timeframe of the 8am - 3pm when you are experiencing these issues, therefore, we don't have as many staff on.

Is there a fix? In my opinion no not really as said above every staff is here on there own accord, no one forces them to do it therefore we cannot "force" staff to work selected hours/time frames.

On the bright side, we have school holidays coming up in a couple of weeks and they last for about 2 months so expect more staff to be on over that period of time.

As said above by @Xeylious, If no staff are online you can fill out a report here: https://strayagaming.com.au/support/ and staff will take a look at in when they are on.

Cheers,

Excel

• Like 5

Fitz    1239

Most of the I&A staff have IRL things they are busy with at the moment and our most active moderator is away for a week or so, so that doesn't help either.

I can always be reached on discord if there's an urgent issue https://discord.gg/kvbPJ5w

If you report a player with Robocop and then notify me of what they were doing exactly, then they will be dealt with.

Also, I will be opening the I&A staff applications tonight.

• Like 3
    • thinking3d 1

Farqman    86

Don't get me wrong I understand that people have lives with work/school.

I was just curious about the best way to deal with the problem and I will be using the support link in future. 

I'm probably a fair bit older than alot of the players (32) so it's a little frustrating when they are just at base constantly crashing everything. 

Thanks for the replies and for pointing out the link. 

• Like 2

CeeFar    585
    32 minutes ago, Xeylious said:

The issue with that statement is; if there's not admin on currently for I&A, a support team member can't do much until someone with admin permissions on I&A is on Teamspeak. Which contradicts the point of this post; how to deal with an issue if no admins are online.

Staff use other programs to communicate, some aren't in teamspeak but can still be reached and take action if you need it. 

Support team members also have access to these programs and can get staff onto teamspeak if required. 

Lyric    9
    1 minute ago, nclem said:

Staff use other programs to communicate, some aren't in teamspeak but can still be reached and take action if you need it. 

Support team members also have access to these programs and can get staff onto teamspeak if required. 

True in some cases, I'm not saying it's a bad approach to the situation at all. Just reporting it in the forums seems easier and more fluid to me.  

Nova    1779

its pretty been covered but heres my 2 cents. easiest way is to take screenshots or even a video of it happening and sending it to one of the I&A staff on the forums. when we get on we can deal with it. the more evidence the better.

alternatively you can go into helpdesk in the I&A issues channel. not gonna guarantee that a support team member will be on but @DJ_JoozBrorg pretty much lives in helpdesk. and they can then message us through slack or whatever.

another way is to add the staff on steam and if theyre online then they can deal with it. i have a lot of you guys on steam already so don't hesitate to message me althought i might not respond if im playing a game

• Like 4
    • Haha 2

Zombine45    177
    45 minutes ago, Farqman said:

Same three idiots again crashing everything. They have left for now, but seriously need a Ban

Have you done what Nova said and taken screenshots/videos to the staff on the forums? If you haven't then just listing their names on the forums isn't going to get you anywhere.

Farqman    86
    1 hour ago, Zombine45 said:

Have you done what Nova said and taken screenshots/videos to the staff on the forums? If you haven't then just listing their names on the forums isn't going to get you anywhere.

I have video, but it takes an hour to upload the files to youtube.

Zombine45    177

Look man, there isn't much the admins can do for you in the moment at 10 in the morning on a Friday. If you're so sick of this happening, then play on the server at a time when there IS an admin around.

Please don't post these screenshots/videos on a thread in the forums, as Nova said several times, send them to the server admins on the forums.

• Like 2
    • thinking3d 1

Farqman    86

I dont expect anything to happen at 11am on a friday. Everyone wanted proof. So here is your proof.

And Unlike most, I dont work 9-5. I do shift work. So i play between the hours of 8am--6pm usually.

• Like 1

Fitz    1239

@Farqman

Thanks for the evidence.

Surely you can't expect us to ban people based on accusations alone, if we did, we wouldn't have many players left. There aren't even any reports on them in Robocop logs, which is what I usually check first.

Bans and pilot blacklists have been issued, where appropriate.

In the future, please submit the evidence either via a PM to me or through the support system https://strayagaming.com.au/support/create/

Edited by Fitz

Farqman    86

Fitz I understand that. But this issue has been happening for a couple of days now. We had M9 jump in the other day and he couldn't stay so nothing was done. 

Yesterday we needed wasteland staff to ban "Joshua Rose" as he was being a pest in TS.

There was probably no RoboCop reports as they were just crashing into each other.

One of those videos I uploaded is 1.9gb. it becomes a bit annoying having to upload videos as my internet connection is next to useless for the time it's uploading.