Ishmael

Side switch.

Ishmael    5

I don't know how many would like this idea but it's just that an idea, switching sides from a NATO invasion/liberation however you look at it, into a CSAT force. 

It's main point of interest for me would be the other weapon systems we could use, from the cars and light armour to the already used T-100/Kumas, CAS aswell switching from NATO jets to CSAT, just could be used to play around with the other half of the game alittle more often.  

• Like 1

• Lyric    9
    1 hour ago, Ishmael said:

I don't know how many would like this idea but it's just that an idea, switching sides from a NATO invasion/liberation however you look at it, into a CSAT force. 

It's main point of interest for me would be the other weapon systems we could use, from the cars and light armour to the already used T-100/Kumas, CAS aswell switching from NATO jets to CSAT, just could be used to play around with the other half of the game alittle more often.  

As it is currently the only aspects of CSAT we can't use is the uniforms. From time to time we get CSAT vehicles from side mission rewards (And as CAS/AA). For the amount of work the admins would have to do, I think it's fine how it is.

But it's an interesting suggestion none the less.

• Like 2

Lyric    9
    2 minutes ago, InfamousNova said:

we removed the CSAT clothing because there was a high amount of teamkilling

I believe he's suggesting you switch the player team to CSAT and the AI to NATO.

• Wesmart 1

Ishmael    5
    1 hour ago, Lyric said:

I believe he's suggesting you switch the player team to CSAT and the AI to NATO.

Pretty much, and having those side rewards as our main vehicles, CSAT just has some cool shit we don't get to play around with all that often.  

Moygstar    196

It'd be cool to switch it up a bit, maybe meddle with the presets for the missions. I like it, but not sure if it's worth the work on the internal side of changing all of the scripts etc

• Like 1

Nova    1779
    4 hours ago, Lyric said:

i know i was replying to you

• Facepalm 1

decibel_spl    76

The question is, what exactly are you wanting to change? Because the way I&A is set up will make it impossible to allow for changing from NATO to another faction (if that's what you meant), or changing the goals of the mission(s). The only thing I can think of that would satisfy would be having zues missions with all the vics, equipment and weapons integrated in the context of a more CSAT based mission

Ishmael    5
    7 minutes ago, decibel_spl said:

The question is, what exactly are you wanting to change? Because the way I&A is set up will make it impossible to allow for changing from NATO to another faction (if that's what you meant), or changing the goals of the mission(s). The only thing I can think of that would satisfy would be having zues missions with all the vics, equipment and weapons integrated in the context of a more CSAT based mission

You're over thinking what I'm suggesting, all I'm saying is switching from a NATO team to CSAT team, Blufor to OPfor. 

I'm just turned on by CSATs looks. 

Edited by Ishmael

Nova    1779
    2 hours ago, decibel_spl said:

Ahh I see. Alas I don't think that's possible :/

its not impossible its just a huge undertaking

• Like 1

Zombine45    177

While this would be a really neat idea, as nova said, it's a huge amount of effort to change everything over. It isn't just changing the base units to CSAT, you then have to change all the AO's and side missions to be NATO. (There's a lot of those)

It IS a cool idea, but it isn't worth the effort it would take to do it.

Tungsten    69

I'm not so sure

NATO does not have a counterpart to the RPG42, the most common form of infantry based AT the AI has, and the only option, to put it bluntly is outclassed by throwing hand grenades at the tank

CSAT infantry have a lot more bullet resistance due to Gear and most of NATO AI use 65, which the CSAT gear is mildly resistant to at range, and the other options would put people on the ground too fast or not at all, oh and don't forget that NATO under barrel Grenade launchers are 3 SHOT

NATO ground vehicles are less of a challenge for CSAT, especially in regards to the Marshal and Slammer UP, and then the standard Slammer would be more open to infantry due to the lack of a commanders gun, while the marshal and slammers would be sitting ducks to the BTRs ATGM

the only attack heli NATO has apart from the Blackfoot would be swatted stupidly easily due to not having flares are a thinking pilot to abuse its low level speed in mountains, and the Blackfoot would be rather annoying with 24 DAGRs, might not 1 shot a tank, but its damn well gonna annoying to anything by either killing or disabling it a lot rather then being outright killed

then there is the enemy jets, i don't think anyone wants to be on the wrong side of the hog, and the Black wasp would really be the only jet for NATO which has a pylon reserved for ATGMs by default from memory, not to mention the less cultured pilots complaining that they have to use the "shitty" Neophron because they cant be bothered to try and learn how to use it

Transport Helos would be interesting mind you, but the lack of a littlebird equivalent is gonna suck for some people, especially those doing side missions

the UAV op would have to have those darter and Greyhawk knockoffs, cus the CSAT UCAV only has Special ATGMs and is a fixed wing as well as having a whinge about not being able to bomb things a lot

and the worst part? people are so used to NATO vs CSAT/AAF AI that friendly fire incidents would go through the stratosphere just changing to CSAT players, and then if its changed to NATO players again