Dogofwar

Not being able to take controls as infantry

Dogofwar    36

Hi All

Now i know why it is disabled on some aircraft's but on attack choppers such as the Blackfoot i feel that infantry should be able to take controls in case your pilot get shot out or he loses connection as what happened here... i was unable to take controls and my pilot lost connection and i couldn't take controls to save the Blackfoot i was stuck in the air for 2 minutes heaps of time to take controls and save the Blackfoot which is a very rare Easter egg. 

20171221114139_1.jpg

• Like 3
  • thinking3d 1

• Yeet    193

I was the Pilot in this incident seen in the screenshot, I think this would be a welcomed feature especially for people who regularly fly attacked helicopters such as the Kajman and Blackfoot like myself (The crash was caused due to the VTOL crash bug which crashes you 20-60 minutes after you disable auto vectoring).

Zombine45    177

While it is always unfortunate to lose a reward vehicle or easter egg, i don't think they're going to open up a griefing opportunity this large. If you lose connection or your pilot dies, then that's just how the game goes, it sucks but you've got to move on. Just bad luck really.

• Like 1

Yeet    193
    18 minutes ago, Zombine45 said:

While it is always unfortunate to lose a reward vehicle or easter egg, i don't think they're going to open up a griefing opportunity this large. If you lose connection or your pilot dies, then that's just how the game goes, it sucks but you've got to move on. Just bad luck really.

Not really a griefing opportunity as you'd only be able to take control when you don't have a pilot. And although its just a game, it kind of sucks when your grinding side missions to get a specific vehicle only to have it downed within the first 3 minutes of it being airborne due to the pilot disconnecting (Which happens a lot more now because of the VTOL's being so buggy and causing crashes when you fly them).

Edited by Yeet
    Bad Post

Nova    1779
    19 minutes ago, Yeet said:

Not really a griefing opportunity as you'd only be able to take control when you don't have a pilot. And although its just a game, it kind of sucks when your grinding side missions to get a specific vehicle only to have it downed within the first 3 minutes of it being airborne due to the pilot disconnecting (Which happens a lot more now because of the VTOL's being so buggy and causing crashes when you fly them).

whats to stop some rando from hopping in the gunner seat and flying off with it?

• Like 1

Fitz    1239

I'll change it so you can only take controls if above a certain altitude :thumbsup:

• Wesmart 2
    • Seems Good 1
    • monkamega 1