Yeet

Trying to fly CAS Helicopters

Yeet    193

Late last night, after successfully capturing all 3 objectives at side ao we were given a MH-99 Blackfoot. Back in the day (before apex framework) it wasn't really the best aircraft, but when i hopped in I found it to have 12x DAGR's and 2x Skalpel ATGM's which is a god send. But I soon found out, they could only be controlled by the pilot, and the gunner only had access to the 20mm HE cannon, obviously that is not the best way to share weaponry due to the pilot supposed to be the one 'flying' and not 'gunning', my gunner was more or less rendered useless due to the 20mm HE cannons low damage and bad spread, then I found myself trying to take out multiple called in areas, by dumbfiring rockets (FROM 1.5KM-3KM) due to my gunner not being able to use DAGRS. That subsequently ended with us being hit by a ZSU missile because my gunner couldn't do anything other than throwing some fireworks at a heavily armoured AA vehicle.

The Blackfoot and I'm guessing if the Kajman has the same vehicle loadout setup as the Blackfoot, are basically now slower, fatter, less manoeuvrable WY-55 Hellcats. And with us apparently soon taking away the jets all together, I think, I, and many others would much rather the pilot has access to: DARS, SR A-A Missiles and counter measures while the gunner has access to all the big stuff like; DAGRS, ATGMS and obviously the 20mm cannon. Because at the moment, if you can somehow 1 man army that helicopter, without having any capability to lock onto targets with your weaponry, your name must be Milo Morbid..

Edited by Yeet
Elaboration for Slep

• Slep.    279

The AH-99 is meant to be a co-op heli, but you can control all fire systems by jumping in pilot and doing manual fire, and switching between the two to access all weapons.

However as I said before this heli is best flown with a gunner and a pilot. Also play it from a distance, use the guided weapons to your advantage, don't play like a light helo like the Hellcat.

Edited by Slep.
    • Wait What? 1

Nova    1779
    12 minutes ago, Slep. said:

The AH-99 is meant to be a co-op heli, but you can control all fire systems by jumping in pilot and doing manual fire, and switching between the two to access all weapons.

However as I said before this heli is best flown with a gunner and a pilot. Also play it from a distance, use the guided weapons to your advantage, don't play like a light helo like the Hellcat.

did you even read the post?

Slep.    279

I'm half asleep so yeah. Sorry if my information was false.

Edited by Slep.
    • Wait What? 2
    • Facepalm 1

Fitz    1239

Yes, the loadouts need adjusting. They have not been changed to what we had before the update yet. I'm fixing/tweaking some of the other more important things first...

• Like 1

Yeet    193
    20 hours ago, Slep. said:

So this is what I did:

1. Swapped seats to gunner so I could acquire 20mm HE cannon.

2. Ate Doritos.

3. ???

4. Toe is now stuck in asshole please help?

• Seems Good 1
    • lul 1

Corporal Kerry    141