Corporal Kerry

New Tanks DLC vehicle. AAF MLRS.

• I think it will be a nice addition to Arma though I mostly play life therefor I won't run into these vehicles as much as others might but I'll look forward to using them on other servers. The interiors is also i cool addition gives a much more realistic feel

CeeFar    585

Looks awesome, I love the more insurgent-y feel of AAF and I think this will make a nice addition to that (reminds me of one of those artillery rocket trucks)

BridTheAtl    116
    6 minutes ago, Corporal Kerry said:

More screenshots. T-14 Armata! and MAWWS unguided launcher. You press to to range and then fire to take out a vehicle.

https://imgur.com/a/1dit6

Very Interesting, can't wait to use them 

Corporal Kerry    141

All new objects. Repair depot, tools, spare tracks. Boresighter for a tank, mlrs magazine. Fortifications. Torque wrench. This is really cool. ACE3 mod is gonna love adding this stuff. Even a spare T-14 armata tank engine.

Arma3_x64_2018_03_09_12_52_28_423.jpg

Matsozetex    89

So from my knowledge what we are getting (Real life counter parts): 

- Germany, Wiesel AWC 1 and or 2 (Nyx Armoured weapons carrier, AAF). These vehicles where produced in 1993, and are a multi-role armoured fighting vehicle (NATO technical term), they serve multiple roles including being armed with AA, AT missiles or autocannons, being used as an ambulance vehicle or being used as an APC. The Wiesel 1 was most commonly used with a 20mm auto cannon or fitted with ATGMS, the Wiesel 2 was used with a 25mm auto cannon or anti air missiles.

- Italy, B1 Centauro (Rhino MGS, NATO). The Centauro was produced in 1991, while its turret doesn't seem to directly imitate the Arma 3 model its hull and gun do share visual similarities and share the same calibre. Apart from the 105mm and 120mm calibre tank destroyer variants, it has a 25mm armed auto cannon variant, a 76mm SPAAG variant and a 155mm artillery variant. In the game we see the 120mm variant.

- Russian Federation, T-14 Armata (T-140 Angara, CSAT). This vehicle and its Infantry Fighting Vehicle counter part, the T-15 were initally shown off at a Military parade in 2015. The T-14 specifically has a unmanned turret with a 125mm gun that is capable of firing normal projectiles (HEAT, HE and APFSDS) while also being to fire Thermobaric (HE essentially) and Tandem-HEAT ATGMs out of the barrel. As mentioned previously the T-15 is based on the same chassis and uses a single 30mm cannon and four ATGM launchers. Prototypes of this tank exist using a 152mm cannon.

Edited by Matsozetex
    Error (Thanks @tungsten)

Corporal Kerry    141

New unguided launchers are 9K115 Metis.

And M3E1 MAAWS unguided launcher. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Gustaf_recoilless_rifle#/media/File:M3E1.jpg

Multi-role Anti-armor Anti-tank Weapon System.

Also a offroad with a SPG-9 unguided HEAT and HE launcher with 20 rounds each. And a AAF AA light IFV.

The Rhino with the 120mm gun can be para-dropped from a Blackfish transport. As well as the AAF light IFV.

Edited by Corporal Kerry

Matsozetex    89

Testing through some of the vehicles and have tested that the 20mm Auto cannon cannot hull damage any IFV, only Track/Turret/Engine damage. So its a no go for using the AWC against other AFVs, but it seems to be good against ifrits and such. The AWC can sustain .50 APDS and 20mm AP, anything other will kill it. The MGS is resistant to 20mm and 30mm AC fire with 40mm and above killing it. The 120mm/125mm on the MGS and T-140 respectively behave like their current ingame counterparts would.

The AWC can be slung by Taru/Huron. "DIS GONNA BE GUD".

Prowlers have an AT variant with a Titan, Qillians have a AT variant with a Metis.

Slat armor will protect against RPG-eqsue systems. (RPG-42/7, MAAWS, Metis) and HEAT tank projectiles. Slat armor is most effectively defeated via HE (Destroys most of Slat on the vehicle/ side) or Armor piercing (Goes straight through).

ERA plating on tanks now can block all kinds of tank ammunition and AT missiles (Slammer UP, Varsuk).

T

Edited by Matsozetex
    • Pogchamp 1

Zombine45    177
    18 hours ago, Matsozetex said:

As mentioned previously the T-15 is based on the same chassis and uses a single 30mm cannon and two ATGM launchers.

The T-15 actually has 4 ATGM launchers.

• Like 1

Fitz    1239
    9 hours ago, Zombine45 said:

@Fitz Do you have any plans as how to integrate the new vehicles into I&A?

Not 100% yet, but new mbt will be added to ironside, AWC added to carpark, tank destroyer probably added to regular spawning car park or as side reward. All of these will probably be available to the enemy as well. 

MLRS truck will likely only be obtainable from Zeus. 

I'll wait to see what Quik comes up with first though. 

• Like 2
    • Seems Good 1

Nova    1779
    55 minutes ago, Fitz said:

Not 100% yet, but new mbt will be added to ironside, AWC added to carpark, tank destroyer probably added to regular spawning car park or as side reward. All of these will probably be available to the enemy as well. 

MLRS truck will likely only be obtainable from Zeus. 

I'll wait to see what Quik comes up with first though. 

the datalink would be sick too

• Pogchamp 1

Nova    1779
    12 hours ago, Corporal Kerry said:

Another thing. T-14 Armata has a audio warning of incoming missile. Would be very good if you have a commander that can deploy smoke fast enough.

maybe if people actually crewed tanks together this could be a thing