LittleFenrir

General Suggestions

Couple Idea's I've had for the server.

First is for CAS. There is no denying it does ruin the fun for a lot off ground troops but on the flip side I don't want it removes as people have suggested, Instead I would go for an in between, where all GBU and air to ground weapons are fully removed from it and replaced with all AA missiles, turn the CAS jet into a fully fledged AA jet only. (This then brings up the topic off jets like wipeout and neophron's 30mm guns, I would say either remove them from spawning all together or change their max ammo for the gun to a lot less) 
With that change though I would like to see a change in the spawn pattern for OPFOR aircraft to be set as, If jet slot is occupied by a player hostile aircraft(by aircraft I mean everything so Heli's and Jets) spawn rate is increased but if slot is not occupied aircraft spawn rate is decreased to normal amounts.  

Second. Spawn timers for Blackfish/Y32 to be decreased by a lot to at least 5mins. I kinda understand the reason for the long respawn timers cause they carry so many troops. (but tbh a huron or mohawk can carry more by using a pod) but outside off evac's of an AO the big troop carrying not really used most off the time. So a decress in their spawn timers wouldn't hurt normal heli's amount to transport. (TBH people are more likely to get in a heli over a blackfish anyway) The other thing you can do here is remove inf blackfish and only have the Y32 spawn cause it only carries a couple more then the huron.

Third. The third tank spawn for ironside to be set to a normal spawn like the other two. Yes tanks are good but they're not 1.5 hour respawn timer good. The argument for that is 3 tanks in an AO wipes it quickly. Which sad to tell you it doesn't cause the tanks are never fully maned it's ever only 1 or 2 people in them. But if you do want to counter act 3 tanks on the field just change AO's like I said to do with the Jets, if Slot for tank is filled make it that more armour spawns in the AO.

Fourth. Can we please just get an AA tank already ^_^ <3 (just make it AA tank Ironside and make it so they can't use normal tank just the AA one)

Fifth. Now this one is kinda I see why but can we be allowed to steal hostile vehicles if they become uncrewed. Like if I shoot all the guys out off an ifrit I want to be able to "borrow" it. (Off course there will be exceptions like Tanks can only be recrewed but Ironside members, AA tanks by the ironside AA members. Static's can't be crewed like bunker tigs)

Sixth. Taru with pod attached either needs a separate pad or have a spawn rotation with something else, like the mohawk. Cause when it spawns you lose the only heli capable off slinging the big crates, yes you use the blackfish but with it's long respawn timer it's not there 100% off the time.  

That's all the idea's I've gathered off the top off my head currently but I'll probs add more to this at some point ^_^ Give me some feedback on if you agree or if you have separate idea's or even idea's that could improve on mine. 

(Just one last thing for admins(or who ever does the editing) You know that hostile jet spawn then like 5 seconds later hostile jet was destroyed. I am quite positive that is from a hostile buzzard spawning then nose dives into the ground. I would suggest removing the buzzard both cas and AA versions from the hostile jet spawns to see if that fixes that happening)  

• Like 1
  • thinking3d 1

• Fitz    1239

Thanks for the suggestions

13 minutes ago, LittleFenrir said:

turn the CAS jet into a fully fledged AA jet only.

Unlikely at the moment, but maybe after Tanks DLC.

14 minutes ago, LittleFenrir said:

With that change though I would like to see a change in the spawn pattern for OPFOR aircraft to be set as, If jet slot is occupied by a player hostile aircraft(by aircraft I mean everything so Heli's and Jets) spawn rate is increased but if slot is not occupied aircraft spawn rate is decreased to normal amounts.  

It was changed to this last update but had to be changed back because it was too difficult and people were complaining.

16 minutes ago, LittleFenrir said:

Spawn timers for Blackfish/Y32 to be decreased

I will probably do this next update.

17 minutes ago, LittleFenrir said:

The argument for that is 3 tanks in an AO wipes it quickly. Which sad to tell you it doesn't cause the tanks are never fully maned it's ever only 1 or 2 people in them. 

Tanks in AOs can and often do wipe it quickly though, whether they are fully crewed or not. 

19 minutes ago, LittleFenrir said:

But if you do want to counter act 3 tanks on the field just change AO's like I said to do with the Jets, if Slot for tank is filled make it that more armour spawns in the AO.

Decent idea, will see what happens after Tanks DLC.

19 minutes ago, LittleFenrir said:

Fourth. Can we please just get an AA tank already

Probably, next update.

20 minutes ago, LittleFenrir said:

Fifth. Now this one is kinda I see why but can we be allowed to steal hostile vehicles if they become uncrewed.

No, this would increase teamkilling and the vehicles would despawn at the end of every AO. If I changed it so they didn't, there would be far too many vehicles.

22 minutes ago, LittleFenrir said:

Sixth. Taru with pod attached either needs a separate pad or have a spawn rotation with something else, like the mohawk. Cause when it spawns you lose the only heli capable off slinging the big crates 

Good point, I will change this for next update.

Next update will be when Tanks DLC releases, so around April 11th.

• Wesmart 1

For the 2nd one if the jets are full AA then it should be more doable if it's changed.

Yeah but 9/10 times most off the AO is cleared before tanks get there and if you change it to being more hostile tanks spawn when slots are taken it would balance out.

hmm you could just have a message popping up saying you're in a hostile vehicle, FF will not be loged/reported (something like that)

Also thanks for feedback ^_^

Mann    39
    5 hours ago, LittleFenrir said:

All GBU and air to ground weapons are fully removed from it and replaced with all AA missiles, turn the CAS jet into a fully fledged AA jet only. (This then brings up the topic off jets like wipeout and neophron's 30mm guns, I would say either remove them from spawning all together or change their max ammo for the gun to a lot less) 

Personally, I have a mixed opinion of the CAS jet being replaced with a AA Jet. But if this change were to happen, getting rid of rockets would to fine since to goal is for limiting air to ground attacks. However if the Jet doesn't have laser guided bombs, the UAV Operator will have to lase (or rely on Infantry lases) to bomb. Sort of defeats the purpose of UAV Op to call in targets since he stuck with arty. You might sort of understand my point here.

I wouldn't want to be stuck with buzzard (No jet dlc) with the wipeout and neophron being removed. Also removing the guns would be quite a pain when you run out of AA missiles. I find the most satisfying thing in jet is when you finally light up a jet with the cannon.

6 hours ago, LittleFenrir said:

Spawn timers for Blackfish/Y32 to be decreased by a lot to at least 5mins.

I assume you are only talking about the Infantry variants. I agree for the timer to be decreased but I feel 5 minutes is way to low.

The third tank spawn for ironside to be set to a normal spawn like the other two.

I assume the you are talking about the Varsuk. Since the Varsuk is more superior than the over 3 tanks (Both slammers and Kuma). I agree with lowering the spawn time since it currently pretty excessive. 

Can we please just get an AA tank already

I feel this wouldn't mix well with a AA only Jet but a AA tank would be fantastic.

Now this one is kinda I see why but can we be allowed to steal hostile vehicles if they become uncrewed.

The friendly fire would go crazy and if people dedicate themselves to stealing vehicles, the server performance wouldn't be as great.

Sixth. Taru with pod attached either needs a separate pad or have a spawn rotation with something else, like the mohawk. Cause when it spawns you lose the only heli capable off slinging the big crates,--   

I feel having the Taru with pod on a separate pad would be quite unnecessary. Placing it with spawn rotation with the mohawk would be quite good. 

Overall some great suggestions Fenrir.

So tank dlc has dropped and I got to say you don't need a cas jet anymore if you have atgm rounds in the rhino. xD you could 100% replace cas jet with that thing and I'm not joking xD
    T-140 doesn't seem to amazing either so keen to looking forward to using it. T-140k on the other hand I would say rewards only.

And what's the plan for cages?? will we like have an option while in base to add cage or no, or will we just get pre-spawns? and same question for camo netting.